Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

Teams can't jump 2 classifications in football to compete in 4a from 2a since Alcoa is a 2a school enrollment just saying.....

To my knowledge Trezevant was a 2a school by enrollment playing up to two classifications to 4a and went to the state championship twice. They dropped down to their rightful classification of 2a last year and they've been getting a lot of gripe about it from a lot of posters. Just saying...

To my knowledge Trezevant was a 2a school by enrollment playing up to two classifications to 4a and went to the state championship twice. They dropped down to their rightful classification of 2a last year and they've been getting a lot of gripe about it from a lot of posters. Just saying...

You information on Trezevant is incorrect. In 2009 when they went to 6 classifications Trezevants school population was one of the smallest in 4a. When they reclassified in 2014 their enrollment was one of the largest in 2a and next year will be a 3A school with over 600 students. The TSSAA doesn't allow you to jump 2 classifications just saying

The one thing alot of you don't realize is, Trezevant plays with the kids in their neighborhood ONLY. nobody is coming from another part of town to go to school or play at t high. As a matter of fact, there are probably about 10-15 players across the city making HUGE contributions for other teams that live in Trezevant's district. Y'all would really hate us if they stayed home!

So, yes some of you are correct. T high doesn't compare to Alcoa or the great Maryville. We don't have the parent support, resources, or facilities that an average school has, let alone the before mentioned teams have.

The fact that for last 7 years, Trezevant has competed at this high of a level is impressive in itself. And if you look at the schedule over those years, you will see that most non district games are against QUALITY 5a n 6a schools where they not only competed but won a lot of them. So quit looking for reasons to throw stones.

And for the record, the last classification, Trezevant was 3a playing up in 4a. Coach was gonna jump up to 3a, but the principal overruled it.

Don't be mad cause they chose to play where they should be.

Alcoa has done a great job building a program and wants to challenge themselves after all of them gold balls by moving up. Some of you are just mad because you know deep down inside your team doesn't stand a chance as long as t high is playing, so you are looking for reasons to diminish what these kids are doing on the field. They are playing the hand dealt to them in life. Everybody can't be from Suburbia or small town USA where football is life.

I thought we trying to make America great again. Let's support one another.

Edited by truthBtold03

You must have me confused with another poster or something I'm a Trezevant poster you won't pay us I promise. I checked your schedule you pick the right teams to play out of Memphis all of them had losing records. 

I quoted you steaminwiliebeamin...no confusion

we pick the right teams to play out of Memphis...all of them had losing records...bc Memphis football blows

maybe 1 team from a class is something worth watching...Whitehaven, used to be ridgeway but theyre a laughing stock now, East was fun to watch last season, but still very beatable and trezevant is a staple of high quality football...but the rest of Memphis, with the exception of MUS, is pretty much just wasting paint on grass

as far as losing records...you should know...you play them annually...

2012 Millington 6-6...with a win over the mighty bears...liberty schedules them the following 2 seasons, they finish 6-5, 8-4

2014 Wooddale 1-9 and took the money in 2015/16 as we couldn't get MUS to come back to Liberty for a home and away

2015 RE finished 6-5 and it was the playoffs...we didn't pay them cause that's how playoffs work

2015 Melrose 7-5, we didn't pay them either...bc, ya know...once again, playoffs force us to match up

and then ya know...we played MUS a couple times in 2013 and 2014...

so...if you wana throw liberty into your conversation for justification on how good you really think your team is...lets play

Trezevant is a fantastic team...one of a very select few that I think liberty would actually drop down in classification to play, but if youll notice we haven't played a lower classification opponent in 9 or 10 years

The one thing alot of you don't realize is, Trezevant plays with the kids in their neighborhood ONLY. nobody is coming from another part of town to go to school or play at t high. As a matter of fact, there are probably about 10-15 players across the city making HUGE contributions for other teams that live in Trezevant's district. Y'all would really hate us if they stayed home!

So, yes some of you are correct. T high doesn't compare to Alcoa or the great Maryville. We don't have the parent support, resources, or facilities that an average school has, let alone the before mentioned teams have.

The fact that for last 7 years, Trezevant has competed at this high of a level is impressive in itself. And if you look at the schedule over those years, you will see that most non district games are against QUALITY 5a n 6a schools where they not only competed but won a lot of them. So quit looking for reasons to throw stones.

And for the record, the last classification, Trezevant was 3a playing up in 4a. Coach was gonna jump up to 3a, but the principal overruled it.

Don't be mad cause they chose to play where they should be.

Alcoa has done a great job building a program and wants to challenge themselves after all of them gold balls by moving up. Some of you are just mad because you know deep down inside your team doesn't stand a chance as long as t high is playing, so you are looking for reasons to diminish what these kids are doing on the field. They are playing the hand dealt to them in life. Everybody can't be from Suburbia or small town USA where football is life.

I thought we trying to make America great again. Let's support one another.

Still doesn't answer my question. Does CR go to Trezevant High School? Just trying to figure out if it is just a rumor or not that he only plays football there. It's hard for a lot of us from "suburbia" or "Smalltown, USA" to wrap our heads around the way inner-city schools have kids from different districts playing all over. The TSSAA would crucify most schools for that. Here, if your physical address is not within the zoning for a school or you haven't played since freshman year there then you are required to sit out a year before playing. I'm just trying to get some insight of how things work in Memphis.

I know for a fact folks at Trezevant respect not only Liberty but West Tn football as a whole. A lot of tough battles IN FOUR-A with you all, dyersburg, Crockett, westview, and Haywood just to name a few. Apologies if you felt slighted.

no need for apologies truth...unless you have multiple accounts and one is willie...

trezevant is fantastic...I loved watching them on film and in person...they deserve every W they can put on the board...I have never disputed that...I realize they cannot control district and region matchups, same as every other school...and I, along with everyone else in the state was very impressed that they stepped up to play ensworth

you will never hear me make an argument stating the bears should play up or down or whatever...you play where you play...if population says 2a, youre 2a...if you wish to play up in 3a, by all means give it a shot...I was pulling for the bears in 2015 and ill pull for them again this November and December, bc that brand of football is special...its not often that we get to see defenses of that caliber

liberty will have many teams calling in January, I for one hope that Trezevant is one of them

Edited by dhstennis

Still doesn't answer my question. Does CR go to Trezevant High School? Just trying to figure out if it is just a rumor or not that he only plays football there. It's hard for a lot of us from "suburbia" or "Smalltown, USA" to wrap our heads around the way inner-city schools have kids from different districts playing all over. The TSSAA would crucify most schools for that. Here, if your physical address is not within the zoning for a school or you haven't played since freshman year there then you are required to sit out a year before playing. I'm just trying to get some insight of how things work in Memphis.

Not good with this quoting stuff. But, yes he does attend Trezevant and has since his 9th grade year. Like I said, nobody sends their kid to Trezevant to play football if they don't live in the district. It's located in one of the worse parts of Memphis. Why don't you spend a day walking the halls at Trezevant and see what these young men overcome on a daily basis. Open invitation for everyone on here. I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms. And you can see for yourself if he's there.

no need for apologies truth...unless you have multiple accounts and one is willie...

trezevant is fantastic...I loved watching them on film and in person...they deserve every W they can put on the board...I have never disputed that...I realize they cannot control district and region matchups, same as every other school...and I, along with everyone else in the state was very impressed that they stepped up to play ensworth

you will never hear me make an argument stating the bears should play up or down or whatever...you play where you play...if population says 2a, youre 2a...if you wish to play up in 3a, by all means give it a shot...I was pulling for the bears in 2015 and ill pull for them again this November and December, bc that brand of football is special...its not often that we get to see defenses of that caliber

liberty will have many teams calling in January, I for one hope that Trezevant is one of them

Nope he is not me but all I know about Liberty is that we beat them  few years back and that if we were to play them they wouldn't mercy rule us in the least bit. I dont think your coach would schedule us fro a regular season game because it wouldnt be good business for Yall to pay us to lose.