USJ @ MILAN

Truly good teams rarely lose back to back...look for Milan to play well in this one.

I hope you are right trader. Last night was tough to swallow. Dyersburg burnt us a couple of times with the pass. I know Bradley is probably licking his chops!!

I know what to expect out of a CRB offense but not sure what to expect from USJ defensively. Maybe some of their real fans can chime in???

I hope you are right trader. Last night was tough to swallow. Dyersburg burnt us a couple of times with the pass. I know Bradley is probably licking his chops!!

I know what to expect out of a CRB offense but not sure what to expect from USJ defensively. Maybe some of their real fans can chime in???

USJ will be undersized besides trey smith but the will come up and hit you. They start quite a few sophomores on D as well. If Milan can establish the run game which I think they will USJ will give up very big plays off the pa pass

I'm thinking 38-28 Milan...Milan has faced several teams this year that have thrown 5 out of 4 downs so it'll be nothing new to them...Milan can run and pass....USJ is pass happy....usually running teams win those type of games...I think Milan's D and depth will prevail in the 2nd half....but I could be wrong...I usually am....lol....

I'm thinking 38-28 Milan...Milan has faced several teams this year that have thrown 5 out of 4 downs so it'll be nothing new to them...Milan can run and pass....USJ is pass happy....usually running teams win those type of games...I think Milan's D and depth will prevail in the 2nd half....but I could be wrong...I usually am....lol....

Well....usually. But I can think of quite a few exceptions in 3A ball. I do think Milan is the favorite here, and if they can make USJ one dimensional (pass only) it could be a long night for USJ. But I think the system they are going to face is going to pose real problems for anyone they face, unless they can get a consistent pass rush with 4 and have the athletes to man up and stay in the hip pocket of the USJ receivers. I suspect that USJ is a year away from being fully functional in their new system, but they may be ahead of schedule. If they are, look out, unless Milan has a bunch of athletes who can run against a double and triple move high school passing attack. Easier said than done....

Well....usually. But I can think of quite a few exceptions in 3A ball. I do think Milan is the favorite here, and if they can make USJ one dimensional (pass only) it could be a long night for USJ. But I think the system they are going to face is going to pose real problems for anyone they face, unless they can get a consistent pass rush with 4 and have the athletes to man up and stay in the hip pocket of the USJ receivers. I suspect that USJ is a year away from being fully functional in their new system, but they may be ahead of schedule. If they are, look out, unless Milan has a bunch of athletes who can run against a double and triple move high school passing attack. Easier said than done....

you could be right gov...I just think Milan is better in all phases...except for place kicker...Milan has a good one but USJ's could nail one from the parking lot from what I hear..Milan has 4 tailbacks that could start for any team...best receiver in the state (Liberty's coach's words)...USJ great passing game...soft running game and suspect D...I'll stay with Milan...38-28....I could be wrong but I'm usually not...lol....

you could be right gov...I just think Milan is better in all phases...except for place kicker...Milan has a good one but USJ's could nail one from the parking lot from what I hear..Milan has 4 tailbacks that could start for any team...best receiver in the state (Liberty's coach's words)...USJ great passing game...soft running game and suspect D...I'll stay with Milan...38-28....I could be wrong but I'm usually not...lol....

but this game is just for bragging rights...no playoff implications...a pay-for-play school vs. a what gets off that yellow bus school...

Edited by cofo