The Ridge (OR) @ McMinn County

SweetScience

I have said from game 1 that Oak Ridge does not have the defense or O or D lines u need to go to State.McMinn is just one of those games that anything could happen.When u play a team who runs the clock down and does things on offense u never see all year it makes it hard.But the Oak Ridge offense has just not looked smooth to me.We live of the big play of Tee or JG.When that is not there we look awful.The defense is the worst tackling O.R. team Ive seen in long time.We have to try something to combat how bad our Dline is.Move people around or whatever.But I think the loss will wake up a team who thinks they are better than what they really are.Cant wait to see how this team reacts when they play a good Webb team.RWR

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said from game 1 that Oak Ridge does not have the defense or O or D lines u need to go to State.McMinn is just one of those games that anything could happen.When u play a team who runs the clock down and does things on offense u never see all year it makes it hard.But the Oak Ridge offense has just not looked smooth to me.We live of the big play of Tee or JG.When that is not there we look awful.The defense is the worst tackling O.R. team Ive seen in long time.We have to try something to combat how bad our Dline is.Move people around or whatever.But I think the loss will wake up a team who thinks they are better than what they really are.Cant wait to see how this team reacts when they play a good Webb team.RWR

I worry that you are correct about our lines and I'm not sure what we can do about it. I still think we can go deep in the playoffs, if not all the way, because I don't think there is a dominant team on this side of the state. Edited by ridgerunner91

Penalties:

Oak Ridge 8 for 60 yards

McMinn 13 for 92 yards

Not to be second guessing the coaching staff at OR but if I were calling the offensive plays #5 would be involved a whole lot more then he was Friday night. He was by far the best football player in the stadium and in my opinion didn't touch the ball near enough. I realize it wasn't a Region game but geez feed the beast and let him do his thing.

OR is a very talented football team and will be a handful for anybody they line up against.

Penalties:

Oak Ridge 8 for 60 yards

McMinn 13 for 92 yards

Not to be second guessing the coaching staff at OR but if I were calling the offensive plays #5 would be involved a whole lot more then he was Friday night. He was by far the best football player in the stadium and in my opinion didn't touch the ball near enough. I realize it wasn't a Region game but geez feed the beast and let him do his thing.

OR is a very talented football team and will be a handful for anybody they line up against.

Couldn't agree more about the Tee observation. I'd do everything possible to get his hands on the ball. You name it. Put him in the Wildcat (he has an unbelievable arm if we decided to throw it out of that formation he was a QB in MS) give him reverses, anything. He even has the ability to make something out of nothing when blocking breaks down.

Edited by SweetScience

Couldn't agree more about the Tee observation. I'd do everything possible to get his hands on the ball. You name it. Put him in the Wildcat (he has an unbelievable arm if we decided to throw it out of that formation he was a QB in MS) give him reverses, anything. He even has the ability to make something out of nothing when blocking breaks down.

i'm surprised to hear that the coaching staff is being criticized, but go ahead and report anyway Willie

Penalties:

Oak Ridge 8 for 60 yards

McMinn 13 for 92 yards

YEAH YOU CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT YOU WON LOL. TEE IS TALLER THAN ERRBODY IN 5A JUST THROW IT UP! I TOLD THE CATS THAT HE HAD TO BE THE MAN.HE IS THE REAL DEAL AND PA DON'T SAY THAT OFTEN.I JUST HOPE THAT THE STAFF DON'T THINK LIKE WILDCAT WILLIE LOL.

#LOP

#STRATEGIC

YEAH YOU CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT YOU WON LOL. TEE IS TALLER THAN ERRBODY IN 5A JUST THROW IT UP! I TOLD THE CATS THAT HE HAD TO BE THE MAN.HE IS THE REAL DEAL AND PA DON'T SAY THAT OFTEN.I JUST HOPE THAT THE STAFF DON'T THINK LIKE WILDCAT WILLIE LOL.

#LOP

#STRATEGIC

:rolleyes: Uhm what you talking bout Willis. I support getting the ball to Tee. I like your style of posting PA, you tell it like you see it. I tend to play it much more vanilla and try not to offend.I hope you are not trying to start a beef because I'm not interested. By the way, the Oak Ridge coaching staff doesn't know how I think and couldn't care less. Good luck to the Owls this week.

RWR

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Yeah I have been holding out hope that we will use Tee a lot when we really need him.I understand not over using him thru first part of year to get better in other ways.But it is time to use him in every way possible.Sweet I would love love love to see him in the wildcat running and throwing.Oak Ridge may never have another WR that can do what Tee can so we better take advantage while we can.Why wouldnt u lob him 10 deep balls a game.I would bet anything he makes huge play at least 6 of 10.You can put 3 guys on him but if the qb is told to lob it high then Tee will go get it.Nobody in state can jump with him on those plays.Lets just hope we see some new stuff vs Webb.Time is running out.And RR91 I agree we can make a run but its all about match ups.We can just hope to avoid the teams who have good lines.I think Independence will be hard to beat.They was best team in any class to me last year.

Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!! We were out coached, out played and out tackled. Sweet, you had it right, we are not that good, just like I said in another thread. Our coaches do not sub they do not coach up our younger players to contribute on Friday nights. We will not go far in the playoffs, no discipline, no toughness and that falls on the coaches!!! But please quit making excuses. Al the talent in the world still needs to be properly coached.

I just got back from the OR/Maryville JV game. Let me just say I'm glad we don't play them in the regular season. Same problems that have plagued our varsity plagued us again in that game. Poor tackling and line play on both sides. Not sure who our strength and conditioning coach is, but whoever it is really needs to up the ante. We got pushed around like rag dolls. It was pretty embarrassing. To the kids who actually put out a lot of effort, thank you because there were a few. We just look very weak. And just so you know Maryville had a lot of freshmen playing in that game, too.

Edited by SweetScience