Gerry Bertier's Week 7 3A Top 10 Poll

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- F5 looks to Touchdown in Cookeville the 1st week of December.

2. Stratford- Spartans get tested by district foe CPA.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders should cruise until the playoffs.

4. CPA- Throw out the record, this young team is getting better each week. Would not surprise me to see them play on Thanksgiving weekend this year.

5. Elizabethton- Cyclones are the best 3A team in NE TN.

6. Notre Dame- If Irish don't get to the semis this year, it will be considered a down year.

7. CAK- If Warriors can get a consistent defense, they will make some noise come November.

8. Dyersburg- The Trojans get a big win against Milan. It should keep them away from Liberty until the Quarters.

9. Milan- Bulldogs lose a tough one and looks like they will be road warriors in the playoffs.

10. Raleigh Egypt- The Pharaohs get a quality win against Bolivar. Could be a dark horse in West TN?

Honorable Mention: Sequatchie Co., Bolivar, Fairview, Goodpasture, Camden

Look pretty good Gerry. Although I think East Nashville at least deserves an honorable mention. I assume you forgot about them.

CPA definitely seems to be better than I thought. I felt strongly they were 9-10 but to play Stratford toe to toe, they must have a really good defense. No doubt they're worthy of a 4-6 ranking IMO.

CAK beats Loudon by like 40 in the first half; the best 3A team in only Chattanooga beats a weak ER team........CAK drops 3 and the best 3A team in only Chattanooga moves up 2 in front of CAK.....CPA who is 10th at best loses another game and u mov'em up 2......a 1 loss goodpasture gets drop out of the top 10 without playin......Elizabethton is at 5 with a loss.....Squatchy is undefeated, ranked #2 in the state by tha AP and ant ranked in your 10....

on top of that u have the smeltin potters and their pansy schedule 1 like they automatically deserve it

Booger just sayin yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif

CAK beats Loudon by like 40 in the first half; the best 3A team in only Chattanooga beats a weak ER team........CAK drops 3 and the best 3A team in only Chattanooga moves up 2 in front of CAK.....CPA who is 10th at best loses another game and u mov'em up 2......a 1 loss goodpasture gets drop out of the top 10 without playin......Elizabethton is at 5 with a loss.....Squatchy is undefeated, ranked #2 in the state by tha AP and ant ranked in your 10....

on top of that u have the smeltin potters and their pansy schedule 1 like they automatically deserve it

Booger just sayin yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif

AP Poll is a joke. I am basing my poll on what happens on the field and strength of schedule of the team.

To be honest 2-7 right now are so close and not much separates them.

As Searm said East Nashville should have been included in honorable mention. I actually have them at 11. Sequatchie County being ranked at 2 by the AP should take away any legitimacy of that poll.

AP Poll is a joke. I am basing my poll on what happens on the field and strength of schedule of the team.

To be honest 2-7 right now are so close and not much separates them.

As Searm said East Nashville should have been included in honorable mention. I actually have them at 11. Sequatchie County being ranked at 2 by the AP should take away any legitimacy of that poll.

Better watch out. You might make that Tommy Layne feller real mad at you. :rolleyes:

1. Alcoa- F5 looks to Touchdown in Cookeville the 1st week of December.

2. Stratford- Spartans get tested by district foe CPA.

3. Liberty Tech- Crusaders should cruise until the playoffs.

4. CPA- Throw out the record, this young team is getting better each week. Would not surprise me to see them play on Thanksgiving weekend this year.

5. Elizabethton- Cyclones are the best 3A team in NE TN.

6. Notre Dame- If Irish don't get to the semis this year, it will be considered a down year.

7. CAK- If Warriors can get a consistent defense, they will make some noise come November.

8. Dyersburg- The Trojans get a big win against Milan. It should keep them away from Liberty until the Quarters.

9. Milan- Bulldogs lose a tough one and looks like they will be road warriors in the playoffs.

10. Raleigh Egypt- The Pharaohs get a quality win against Bolivar. Could be a dark horse in West TN?

Honorable Mention: Sequatchie Co., Bolivar, Fairview, Goodpasture, Camden

How can u not put Sequatchie not in the top 10? They're undefeated they beat top ten team south Pitt. Played #19 Bledsoe has face a pretty tough region champ an defeated them. How in the heck can a 1-5 team CPA be ranked in the top 10 but Sequatchie can't be..there ain't but a handful of undefeated teams and they deserve to be the first top 5 places..

How can u not put Sequatchie not in the top 10? They're undefeated they beat top ten team south Pitt. Played #19 Bledsoe has face a pretty tough region champ an defeated them. How in the heck can a 1-5 team CPA be ranked in the top 10 but Sequatchie can't be..there ain't but a handful of undefeated teams and they deserve to be the first top 5 places..

CPA shouldn't be on anyone's top 10 list

The Sequatchie could not beat any of the teams listed in the top 10. The Valley doesn't have the quality of football as the rest of the state. I base my poll of who would win on the field not just by inflated records.