#2 (6A) Oakland @ #4 (4A) Haywood

GoPats2019

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was honesty hoping you or somebody could give me some good examples of good teams in West. I wasent looking for an argument.

A couple of things that make middle and east tn football better is discipline, coaching, and the main thing is y'all play better competition week in and week out.

There are plenty of examples of 10-0 9-1 teams in west tn that never make it past the 2nd round of playoffs. Teams in west tn need to bulk up there schedules with out of state and middle tn teams. Being undefeated or a 1 loss team means nothing if you haven't played anyone. Big kudos to Haywood for scheduling this game and last years games vs Oakland. Coach Hook built Liberty up by playing tuff non region games and will have Haywood making deep runs in playoffs in the next few years.

A couple of things that make middle and east tn football better is discipline, coaching, and the main thing is y'all play better competition week in and week out.

There are plenty of examples of 10-0 9-1 teams in west tn that never make it past the 2nd round of playoffs. Teams in west tn need to bulk up there schedules with out of state and middle tn teams. Being undefeated or a 1 loss team means nothing if you haven't played anyone. Big kudos to Haywood for scheduling this game and last years games vs Oakland. Coach Hook built Liberty up by playing tuff non region games and will have Haywood making deep runs in playoffs in the next few years.

but you also see what happened to liberty when they came up here a few weeks ago.

So do you think whitehaven would be a better team if they played for example Ensworth either winning or losing a close hard fought game or beating Mitchell soundly.

Ensworth was beaten by a team that we scrimmage YEARLY last season. There are solid private school programs here that we can face and beat that would be just as good for us than a so-called middle TN giant. It all depends on the program. The area matters to a way smaller degree than some of you folks think, imho.

Ensworth was beaten by a team that we scrimmage YEARLY last season. There are solid private school programs here that we can face and beat that would be just as good for us than a so-called middle TN giant. It all depends on the program. The area matters to a way smaller degree than some of you folks think, imho.

I respect your opinion. But it's just hard for me to believe that when very very few champions come from West Tn.

I respect your opinion. But it's just hard for me to believe that when very very few champions come from West Tn.

Titles are one way to count things, but one has to realize that one or two teams' dominance in a certain classification or two doesn't say that one region of the state is that much better than another. I mean Whitehaven, Henry Co., Memphis East,Melrose, Trezevant, MUS, CBHS, etc could win 2-3 titles in a 5 year span and people from Middle and East TN would STILL think they play better football than the West TN and Memphis schools.

Titles are one way to count things, but one has to realize that one or two teams' dominance in a certain classification or two doesn't say that one region of the state is that much better than another. I mean Whitehaven, Henry Co., Memphis East,Melrose, Trezevant, MUS, CBHS, etc could win 2-3 titles in a 5 year span and people from Middle and East TN would STILL think they play better football than the West TN and Memphis schools.

It's not a certain classification, it's all classifications. As to a point I made earlier all those teams are in Shelby County. Henry land ppl consider themselves in Middle TN.

Melrose and East has not been past the 2nd round in a long time (that I am aware of).

We STILL think Mid and East are better because they do better in the playoffs and in the championship game. If you don't measure teams based on wins in sports, how else are you supposed to do it.

I want to believe every region in TN has teams to offer, but I just don't see it - nor does the record books.

Edited by JedCooper