Sullivan South - Sullivan Co. Football

formerblazer

I don't have a clue as to the injuries and so on to the South team.In other words what excuses could account for a 70 point loss to any high school team.I did see their jv 2 years ago and know there was some talented players.

At the East game there was as many players on the sideline not dressed out because of injury then dressed out. It destroyed any chance of them being even competitive with most teams when it is mostly 2nd string sopohmores starting

I know of zero kids that drive an hour to go to Greeneville. I can think of two that are tuition paying students but they live in Greene County and are perfectly legit. That hogwash started a few years ago with W.C. I've had people tell me guys were just coming in to play that I know have been in school with my daughter since 1st grade.

I'm just going to give Greeneville the benefit of the doubt that they have an outstanding program and coach.  Do they have a few transfers, sure.  Is it happening so much that they have a mass influx of kids every single year?  No, I don't think so.  Greeneville still has a rough economy, so I see those kids as being local, no real people moving or transferring just to have the honor.  Straight up Greene County kids? Sure.

Sullivan South seems to be suffering from those kids not going to South like it used to be.  I can remember a two year starting running back at South a few years ago who lived in Gray.  He chose to go to South vs Boone, and he would have been a difference maker in the Blazer program.  In Sullivan County, you can still live across from North or East and go to Sullivan South.  Looks like that influx of play makers isn't there like it used to be (also, injuries suck).  

I think lines should have been drawn in Sullivan County a long long time ago.  The kids in that county have known they could go wherever for a long time.  Washington County at least has lines of where students are supposed to be going to school.  Can you really blame kids who want to go to a DB, SH, or TN High vs. their local school?  

It'll be interesting to see what football is like in the county when there is a Sullivan East and Sullivan West High School.  Both should be playing in 5A (possibly 6A for Sullivan West) and it'll then come down to how those schools are running their programs.  You have the numbers, gotta use them the right way.

I don't have a clue as to the injuries and so on to the South team.In other words what excuses could account for a 70 point loss to any high school team.I did see their jv 2 years ago and know there was some talented players.

There is no excuse for a 70 point loss. Especially at a school that has always been highly competitive even in down years. Injuries cannot be the only problem. All teams have injuries. Some years more than others. I would have thought South would have had a little bit better depth than that. They usually field a pretty large number of players. Maybe their numbers are down for a reason ?

Will Central be any better next year?

Nope.  Reclassification may help a little. But I doubt it.

Time to put these West end of the County boys together and build a football team.

Anybody got an idea for the new school name and mascot if and when that time comes?  Keep it clean please  :rolleyes: