Nashville Christian ....

fredjones

I'll put the BA connection together for the guys who don't know. I did a little research. Ncs didn't win games didn't even make the playoffs for years. Brothers gets hired he played football for BA. He was their qb and won 2 state championships. When he came to ncs he also brought another coach from BA. All of a sudden ncs has 5 division 1 commits and unstoppable. Some of the players are from BA. Pretty obvious they recruit. Real fair right ? playing against teams that play with what they have.

The most decorated player in NCS history, Daniel Bituli, not a product of BA,  Alex Givens with Ole Miss, not a product of BA, Brant Lawless, the next big thing out of NCS, recruited by anyone who is anyone in the SEC, not a product of BA,  Leland Willhoite, would easily lead the entire state in rushing if he got the ball 15 times per game, not a product of BA. BA would not have let any of those players escape from that program. I dont know of one player on our team that ever took a snap at BA. I'm talking about High School. Middle school?  I'm talking about High School football. As far as the coaches are concerned, they have to come from somewhere.

The most decorated player in NCS history, Daniel Bituli, not a product of BA, Alex Givens with Ole Miss, not a product of BA, Brant Lawless, the next big thing out of NCS, recruited by anyone who is anyone in the SEC, not a product of BA, Leland Willhoite, would easily lead the entire state in rushing if he got the ball 15 times per game, not a product of BA. BA would not have let any of those players escape from that program. I dont know of one player on our team that ever took a snap at BA. I'm talking about High School. Middle school? I'm talking about High School football. As far as the coaches are concerned, they have to come from somewhere.

I wasn't really referring to those guys coming from BA. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I was referring to one of your own guys saying that you guys did get players from there. Did any of the guys you just named go to school at ncs their whole life ? I'm pretty sure they started what 7th 8th 9th grade. I just wish you guys could admit you recruit. I guess the proof is if you didn't you guys would be staying d1. When you go from cant win a game can't make playoffs to basically a college team in high school is proof enough. Edited by Tide21

Several private schools have been good during the time yours hasn't been (four decades). Many state championships have been won by privates in all sports. They left though and you guys didn't.

The problem is you guys changed overnight from what you were to the eite program in single A. Why you cannot acknowledge the drastic change and why these folks would be upset is a mystery to me?

NCS was not an overnight change. The program had a decent year in Coach Bros' first year, but not deep into the playoffs. As far as being overnight and also elite? Really! Union City might have something to say about that. Huntingdon as well. We lost to Huntingdon and then twice to UC in the semi finals. Thats not elite. There are teams who play with us year in and year out. There might not be a more spirited rivalry in 1A playoffs than Wayne Co. and NCS.  Its kind of funny, the ones doing the most griping about this stuff come from schools who dont have a chance. Wayne Co, Dresden, Huntingdon, Union City all know we are beatable.   

You say several teams in 1A have been good and won championships but the difference was they left? We have won one, and we are leaving. Whats the difference?

I wasn't really referring to those guys coming from BA. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I was referring to one of your own guys saying that you guys did get players from there. Did any of the guys you just named go to school at ncs their whole life ? I'm pretty sure they started what 7th 8th 9th grade. I just wish you guys could admit you recruit. I guess the proof is if you didn't you guys would be staying d1. When you go from cant win a game can't make playoffs to basically a college team in high school is proof enough.

Alex Givens K through 12.

I wish NCS all the best but the crickets heard when asked to explain the meteoric rise to the top of 1A is deafening. There's really no debate to be had. That's why the publics dislike you guys.

Glad you guys are in D2 next year. Look forward to my school playing you again.

Not crickets, just at the field watching the boys compete. As to meteoric rise, Coaching makes a difference, commitment to the strength and conditioning program, what else is there to say. Make the kids believe and the rest will take care of itself. Success breeds success.

I wish NCS all the best but the crickets heard when asked to explain the meteoric rise to the top of 1A is deafening. There's really no debate to be had. That's why the publics dislike you guys.

Glad you guys are in D2 next year. Look forward to my school playing you again.

What is your school?

Not crickets, just at the field watching the boys compete. As to meteoric rise, Coaching makes a difference, commitment to the strength and conditioning program, what else is there to say. Make the kids believe and the rest will take care of itself. Success breeds success.

So the power 5 talent never before seen at your school since its inception was created by coaching?

Ok. These public schools are way off base then. Thank you for the explanation.