The Lions Are Roaring and The Tornadoes are Storming. UC vs Dresden.

BigSwo

Kevin Kevin, have you seen either uc or dresden? UC no athletes this year. No matter what scheme you run, you have to have athletes which they do not this year. If they pay again dresden wins again.

I was being sarcastic 1st of all, secondly it wasnt so much a lack of athletes, Dresden was just better, I was at the game.....lol

I can see where you're coming from, but Bumpus was back. It was just the QB and a lineman. Every time UC pulled the option to the outside there was nothing there, and two defensive starters were out for Dresden. Dresden is just an untamed beast that you don't wanna come across. I don't know if anyone can even compete against them this year. They're even intimidating in pregame. Seriously, watch their title chants during warmups and cage run out. They've mastered the art of skullduggery.

Bumpus was not back at slot where his hands could be one the ball. The option was not there because the pitches went behind the back. When the pitch was in front, the back got his yards.

Good morning you happy and proud Lion fan base. I'm glad that you guys are feeling great and looking forward to the future. I personally think that sucks. But. ......oh well. It was great to see so good ole Coach T folks last night and meet some new ones. I want to address a couple of issues. The first one is Paul Tinkle(if he's the one that said it) is an idiot. There have been several times that UC has been under a running clock. I remember a play off game against the Stangs in 2012 when they put 63 points on us at our house. Also as my friend Wildcats89 reminded me they had the clock running in 2011 but subbed out and we put up a couple of scores. There are more but those are the most recent. Second I said we sorta stopped Winn. I know he had some good yardage but it wasn't just a heyday.

Okay. Enough about that. I hope we will have our chance to make a better showing in a few weeks. These Lions are in a class all by themselves right now. Outstanding football team. Awesome fans. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Wouldn't be so quick to crown after you beat a depleted union city team. Although, I didn't expect this. Good win dhs

Depleted? They were down 2 players & so were we. We also played the last qtr without Winn. Fact is UC finally ran into a real defense. I would hate to think that one team would rely that heavily on 2 players. Would those 2 have truly made a 55-7 difference? I have nothing but respect for UC's history & program but Dresden is the real deal this year & showed it in every area last night. Heck....we even have a kicking game this year which never happens.

Guest hevyrevy1611

The stat of UC having more avg points per game going into this one was only because Dresden scored 24-0 vs Gleason.. in first 4 mins of game, rain came, their coach forfeited rest saying why let Lions score 100pts and maybe our guys get hurt, so that threw off avgs for Dresden. Key stat was defense, Dresden avg allowing less than 4 pts a game and UC in double digits allowed. Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. Dresden D is on a mission too. Alot of those turnovers were forced ones, not gimmes. Our D made it happen with hard hits on ball area, hold em up & strip it out, etc.. such things we have drills for & practice on. Our D executed these tactics. Offense has oodles of weapons too, not just QB. Whole team is so hungry & focused & intense this year, well, you saw (or heard) the outcome. Don't know who could beat Lions this year, but fact is, anyone can whip anyone else in any game, true, football is weird, so our guys better be super ready & 110% every play. They still have unfinished business.. And believe it or not, still have areas we need to work on. We hit on 6-7 cylinders last night, not yet 8 ones tuned-in. We'll peak in playoffs, with our best yet to come. Can you imagine that? I can! Thar's Gold in them thar hills y'all. Keep digging & working hard team!

• Upvote 1

The stat of UC having more avg points per game going into this one was only because Dresden scored 24-0 vs Gleason.. in first 4 mins of game, rain came, their coach forfeited rest saying why let Lions score 100pts and maybe our guys get hurt, so that threw off avgs for Dresden. Key stat was defense, Dresden avg allowing less than 4 pts a game and UC in double digits allowed. Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. Dresden D is on a mission too. Alot of those turnovers were forced ones, not gimmes. Our D made it happen with hard hits on ball area, hold em up & strip it out, etc.. such things we have drills for & practice on. Our D executed these tactics. Offense has oodles of weapons too, not just QB. Whole team is so hungry & focused & intense this year, well, you saw (or heard) the outcome. Don't know who could beat Lions this year, but fact is, anyone can whip anyone else in any game, true, football is weird, so our guys better be super ready & 110% every play. They still have unfinished business.. And believe it or not, still have areas we need to work on. We hit on 6-7 cylinders last night, not yet 8 ones tuned-in. We'll peak in playoffs, with our best yet to come. Can you imagine that? I can! Thar's Gold in them thar hills y'all. Keep digging & working hard team!

I agree with this, the Dresden defense this year compared to last is night and day, I love watching the veer, so simple yet so effective when executed. I felt like Dresden defended the veer perfectly and the biggest weakness of the veer when defended correctly is turnovers and despite injuries that is what happened last night. I wouldnt mind seeing these 2 go at it again in the play-offs, great atmosphere last night!

Congratulations on a great win Dresden! Looks like you guys have a serious contender for the championship this year, but remember that this game is just a regular season W in the books, and motivation for UC (along with everyone else) to play you harder when in matters more. It's a great thing to shake off the feeling that someone "has your number", and the Lions definitely did that with the convincing win over the dominant 1A team for the last few seasons...so keep it rolling!

For a few of the Dresden fans...it was a short time ago that there was some turmoil over the hiring of your HC, and the passing over of a fan favorite assistant for the job...sometimes what we want and what's best aren't the same thing, so count your blessings, go shake the coach's hand, and tell him how much he means to the program...he deserves it !!!