Macon @ Springfield

geo1126

Went for two after a late touchdown to win and they didn't convert.

Does Springfield not have a decent field goal kicker? I can see going for two in a non-region game; or, at least in a region game in which the outcome had no post-season implications. Was a key Springfield player hurt during the game? Because that might be another reason I try to win in regulation. Otherwise, I go for the PAT and decide it in overtime.

Edited by midtnmale

Does Springfield not have a decent field goal kicker? I can see going for two in a non-region game; or, at least in a region game in which the outcome had no post-season implications. Was a key Springfield player hurt during the game? Because that might be another reason I try to win in regulation. Otherwise, I go for the PAT and decide it in overtime.

The two point call was the right one at that point in the game. The play call was excellent but the receiver dropped the ball. It was your basic run before you catch it. He would have walked into the end zone.