Gerry Bertier's 3A Top 10 after Week 8

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton has played nobody. Every win is over a sub-500 team. Their one opponent with a winning record resulted in a seven-point loss to a 4-3 Science Hill team in the season opener. I'm not bashing Eton. But I feel they'll struggle with CAK in the second round. I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled with Scott or McMinn Central (likely McMinn Central) in the opening round. It's just hard to pick up your level of play when you're so accustomed to playing a lower level of competition. Good luck to the Cyclones though.

Edited by Preppy

Elizabethton has played nobody. Every win is over a sub-500 team. Their one opponent with a winning record resulted in a seven-point loss to a 4-3 Science Hill team in the season opener. I'm not bashing Eton. But I feel they'll struggle with CAK in the second round. I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled with Scott or McMinn Central (likely McMinn Central) in the opening round. It's just hard to pick up your level of play when you're so accustomed to playing a lower level of competition. Good luck to the Cyclones though.

The strength of schedule didn't hurt Greeneville when they won back to back state championshipso playing asimilar schedule as Elizabethton. I think the Elizabethton and Cak will be a good match up but I've seen Scott and Central play and Elizabethton is quite a bit better than both those teams

I view them the same as Sequatchie Co. The only reason I have them in the top ten is for their win over Warren Co. I know the Pioneers are probably the worst team in 6A but any time a 3A team can win then it needs to be noticed.

South Gibson doesn't have a quality win. Now if they can win one of their final three I will then take notice.

3A Dekalb County out of that R4, who just barely squeek out a 2 pt win gainst Grundy friday beat Warren by 20ish.....tellin ya, Warren is bad, bout 35 players and at least 7 they dressed off the middle school to fill the sidelines.....since 2010 WC hasnt won over 3 games, think 2 one win seasons and a 0 win season.....WC had 1 win last season gainst Squatchy......

very unfortunate that a school with 2000+ students cant put more kids on the turf.....hate that for the school....they got a decent QB though...whats crazy is that WC and Grundy r so close to one another and have such similiar results with their programs

SC probably gonna go undefeated regular season +1 and maybe +2 dependin on how it plays out ......and Booger hopin for those Squatchy boys sake they get to experience that kinda season; but they dont beat anyone in that top 10 and they maybe beat Goodpasture and Fairview in the top 15....our Region may be as weak as R4; so the Injuns gravy train everyone in our region except Howard ......and the Irish; which is when things really slow down for them

Booger just sayin 0011.gif

The strength of schedule didn't hurt Greeneville when they won back to back state championshipso playing asimilar schedule as Elizabethton. I think the Elizabethton and Cak will be a good match up but I've seen Scott and Central play and Elizabethton is quite a bit better than both those teams

i believe scott is 2 tds better than elizabethton