Knox West at Heritage

BarneySox2007

This will be an interesting game with Heritage having their QB back. I hate to say anything bad about any teams but West has been my letdown team this year from what I saw of them in fall scrimmages against Alcoa and Maryville. They looked real good in those games but I haven't seen them play up to that level all season yet. Anyways this should be a good game and it is out at Heritage if that makes a difference. My thoughts are that Heritage can win the next three if they want them bad enough and finally turn in a winning record after years of downturn and rebuilding.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be an interesting game with Heritage having their QB back. I hate to say anything bad about any teams but West has been my letdown team this year from what I saw of them in fall scrimmages against Alcoa and Maryville. They looked real good in those games but I haven't seen them play up to that level all season yet. Anyways this should be a good game and it is out at Heritage if that makes a difference. My thoughts are that Heritage can win the next three if they want them bad enough and finally turn in a winning record after years of downturn and rebuilding.

That's why I never put too much stock into scrimmages. I've seen teams look as if they won all their scrimmages and then not win a game in the regular season.

I like Heritage in this game, especially if their qb is back....but it won't be easy.

I say Heritage 28 West 27.

That's why I never put too much stock into scrimmages. I've seen teams look as if they won all their scrimmages and then not win a game in the regular season.

I like Heritage in this game, especially if their qb is back....but it won't be easy.

I say Heritage 28 West 27.

I understand but this scrimmage was played like a game except no punt returns or kickoff returns. They held Maryville to 7 points in the first half and could have been 0 had West not fumbled on their side of the field around the 30 yard line with about two minutes to go before half.

I think we can win this game too but we had some bad news last week our best player decided to quit not wanting to say anything bad about it but being a senior and captain and quitting like this is something that could hurt us in the future with all the younger players looking to him to be an example

Quit? This late in the season? Man I hate to hear that

Quit? This late in the season? Man I hate to hear that

Yep it was Amburn somebody told me he told the team it wasn't fun to him anymore pretty dirty to do that to his teammates I mean he couldn't just suck it up and play these last 3 games and maybe 1 playoff game if we beat Halls but this team still has some skill on there team he was our best player but with the qb back I still think we have a chance with West have to stop Buchanon though that kids going to be a problem he was the reason they beat us last yr

Yep it was Amburn somebody told me he told the team it wasn't fun to him anymore pretty dirty to do that to his teammates I mean he couldn't just suck it up and play these last 3 games and maybe 1 playoff game if we beat Halls but this team still has some skill on there team he was our best player but with the qb back I still think we have a chance with West have to stop Buchanon though that kids going to be a problem he was the reason they beat us last yr

I hate hearing this but this song sounds so familiar. Back in 1988 Emory Hale the famous coach from Oak Ridge was hired to coach Maryville. The team started off well that year but by this time of the season there were a lot of turmoil on the team with certain people not used to the tough way Emory coached and then some of the parents started stepping in and there were a few players quit and some of the parents just pulled kids off the team, The Amburn kid at Heritage's father was the main key player that left and the team just fell apart from that point. I know the family well and their real good people but everyone has their reasons for things and I hate that he has quit the team. Maybe someone can talk to the kid and get him back or has the damage got to far. I really think Heritage can move on if they want. All teams lose players to injuries and stuff but that don't mean the rest have to set and dwell over it so pick up the pieces and move forward.

I hate hearing this but this song sounds so familiar. Back in 1988 Emory Hale the famous coach from Oak Ridge was hired to coach Maryville. The team started off well that year but by this time of the season there were a lot of turmoil on the team with certain people not used to the tough way Emory coached and then some of the parents started stepping in and there were a few players quit and some of the parents just pulled kids off the team, The Amburn kid at Heritage's father was the main key player that left and the team just fell apart from that point. I know the family well and their real good people but everyone has their reasons for things and I hate that he has quit the team. Maybe someone can talk to the kid and get him back or has the damage got to far. I really think Heritage can move on if they want. All teams lose players to injuries and stuff but that don't mean the rest have to set and dwell over it so pick up the pieces and move forward.

If he is a quitter you are more the better in my opinion!If you start something you should power thru and finish!Especially if you are a captain.Unless it is a family issue or something he couldn't control.

If he is a quitter you are more the better in my opinion!If you start something you should power thru and finish!Especially if you are a captain.Unless it is a family issue or something he couldn't control.

I really like the boy's father and mother very much but I remember the father doing the same thing at Maryville but more to the dad's insistence that he quit back then. I just hate seeing the same story repeated.

My best friend quit before our senior year and I think he still regrets it to this day. It's my hope that every kid who straps it up to start the season finishes it out, no matter how tough things get. 

They always do AllRegion but you can't ever convince them of that now because they know more than we do or at least they think so.