Tennessee High vs Sevier Co

truthsquad

when you mean turn what do you mean?

Boone went down there to SC expecting an easy win and guess what, they were giving away free food!!!    i.e., we got our lunch handed to us.

Of course we were without our QB and they knew we couldn't throw so that probably changed their defensive dynamic a bit.

But in the end they are just a better team than Boone.

So all that to say this:

SC   27

TH   14

Edited by blazer1set

when you mean turn what do you mean?

Questioning every move they make.  If they pass, parents say they should run.  If they run, parents say they should pass.  If they punt, they should went for it.  If they play one QB, they shoulda played the other.  Parents yelling from the bleachers.  Parents playing Monday morning QB on Facebook. 

I can say this, the coaches may not be perfect but they really can't do too much more with this team. Coach Mays God bless him is pretty much out of things he can do to get this team to play well. And that's a shame because he's a great ball coach and there's no one I'd rather have as our top guy.

The team can play well for a half and then completely implode in one drive. One drive it'll be the quarterback, then it'll be the line. On defense we're a open gate when it comes to running the ball. Just go outside and we're done because we can't seal and the defensive backs can't tackle tailbacks. We can have 9 guys in the box and still give up seven-eight yards. I hate to break it to the people in the crowd, but this team is just not talented. Some guys play their hearts out and I feel awful for em because they really really love this game and team and it's a shame these guys last season here will be one of the worst we've ever had.

If Bears can run the Ball they could win. But if its up to them to do a lot of throwing and catching it's anybody's ballgame. Least productive Bears offense in a very long time. QB play has just not been consistent enough and too many drops when the QBs find their man. D is good enough to win so if the Bears win the special teams battles they could pull this out. Winner makes playoffs and I like the Bears at home on Senior night. This team has not quit and honestly they are 10 points away from being exactly where the coaches probably thought they would be.

GoBears!

First off many love the coaches dearly. There is zero consistency at any point with this team. As previously stated there is talent on this team, it's not utilized the best at times. It's a problem when the kids are saying that certain people are built up while others are torn down consistently. See college football teams have the liberty to recruit kids to fit the system used by the coaching staff, whereas high school is not afforded that luxury. Adapt to what you have and don't beat your head against a brick wall. Just look up the definition of insanity. That should explain quite a bit. Feel horrible for this senior class and the rest of the team. Hopefully they haven't given up all will and come out strong these last few games!

I know the coaches at THS well.  They are all great football coaches and most of them could be running their own programs and doing well there if they wanted to--many of them have had numerous opportunities to go elsewhere as head coaches or coordinators but turned those down to stay in Bristol, while a couple actually gave up HC jobs to come to THS.

Mike Mays, in particular, is one of the best HS football coaches you'll find anywhere.  He's a great teacher of the game, an excellent role model who cares deeply for these  young men, and he knows the Xs and Os as well as anyone in HS football.  If the community realized how good these coaches actually are and saw what they actually do for these young men, they'd change their tune.

Graduation hit them very hard last year and they had a pair of weak classes come through, so now they're relying on a bunch of sophomores at key spots.  The results this season are really what you'd expect.  Give them a year or two and this team will be back in the thick of things again.

The community in Bristol is crazy.  All they want to do is second guess every move that coaches make and throw them under the bus.  All that actually does is undermine the coaches and teach the players to feel entitled and lazy.  It breeds a very bad culture.  THS is lucky to have the calibre of coaches they do--believe me, compared to most other NETN and SWVA schools, it's not even close--but they don't support or appreciate them.

Edited by BlueDevil58