District 6 AAA

bball7000

Is anyone else extremely disappointed in the way Cookeville played Tuesday night? Judging by my username, I'm clearly a White County fan, and I hope no one takes this as an excuse, but Cookeville did not play basketball in the second half. The coach should be ashamed of himself. I do not believe in passing the ball around and running the clock from the beginning of the half (late in the game with minutes to go is understandable.) A true coach would have enough confidence in his players and coaching staff than to have to resort to such nonsense. I, in no way, think that White County could have won the game had this not happened because they played a horrible game. I just don't see how a coach and his team can hold their heads high after playing so scared.

A bit boring maybe, but there's no way WC shoots 22% in the first half with ZERO three pointers again against Cookeville. Besides the coach had lost SEVEN IN A ROW against us so he was gonna do anything to get a win..

Who we played played a big difference . 

CCHS continues to backslide under the direction of the current coaching staff!  It's ashamed that the administration will not do whats best for the program.  That same group of juniors were competitive on the state level when they played at South Cumberland.  Sadly, they have gone backward since entering the basketball program at CCHS.  Don't look for things to change anytime soon!  It starts at the top.  It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.  The numbers don't lie.

CCHS continues to backslide under the direction of the current coaching staff! It's ashamed that the administration will not do whats best for the program. That same group of juniors were competitive on the state level when they played at South Cumberland. Sadly, they have gone backward since entering the basketball program at CCHS. Don't look for things to change anytime soon! It starts at the top. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. The numbers don't lie.

What? Are you serious? Did you really just put something like the boys were good in elementary school but you can't see why they are not as good in high school? Hello, welcome to AAA ball. Sounds more like you have a parent problem than a coaching/ administrative problem.

Really Vol2Vol2.  How can you seriously blow it off as a PARENT problem?  The problem squarely points to the coaching at CCHS!  I think if you care to check you will find that those players consistently beat or were very competitive with all of the area elementary and middle schools in the upper cumberland region. The same schools that feed all district 6AAA teams.  BTW, they also beat middle schools from metro areas like Bradley/Cleveland and Knox county!  That's a FACT!!

Your right AAA is more competitive.  It then comes down to developing players. That is the responsibility of the COACH!  It's also widely known among people who really follow basketball in TN. that district 6AAA is consistently one of weakest AAA districts in the state.   A solid foundation was developed before they got to CCHS.  Next step should be to strengthen that foundation and build upon it.  They know what it takes to win.  A good COACH figures out how to bring out that competitiveness in them.  That person makes a HUGH difference!  It's obvious why they are not competitive!      

Really Vol2Vol2.  How can you seriously blow it off as a PARENT problem?  The problem squarely points to the coaching at CCHS!  I think if you care to check you will find that those players consistently beat or were very competitive with all of the area elementary and middle schools in the upper cumberland region. The same schools that feed all district 6AAA teams.  BTW, they also beat middle schools from metro areas like Bradley/Cleveland and Knox county!  That's a FACT!!

Your right AAA is more competitive.  It then comes down to developing players. That is the responsibility of the COACH!  It's also widely known among people who really follow basketball in TN. that district 6AAA is consistently one of weakest AAA districts in the state.   A solid foundation was developed before they got to CCHS.  Next step should be to strengthen that foundation and build upon it.  They know what it takes to win.  A good COACH figures out how to bring out that competitiveness in them.  That person makes a HUGH difference!  It's obvious why they are not competitive!      

You do know that same coach has won a couple of district championships in the last 5 or 6 years, right?   Lets not act like CCHS is consistently at the bottom.  

You are obviously upset about something that has happened, but you have to remember...high school basketball is not middle school.   You are looking at 4 classes of kids being blended together. 

Btw... seems like they got a pretty good road win last night.  

That is exactly what the post said....these boys were very competitive in middle school against the same kids they are now getting beat by in high school. They were given a strong, fundamental foundation to help transfer them into the high school level. Unfortunately that foundation has been broken by lack of interest to progress and be successful by the CCHS Coaching staff and Administration. To say it is a parent problem is funny. The majority of this specific group of kids came from a culture of hard work ,discipline and dedication that all of their parents supported.  The current program at CCHS is far from that.  Every coach in the District and Region has figured it out, not hard to beat a team that the offense and defense hasn't  changed in years. When you are a AAA school and you are consistently getting beat by A schools, there is an issue. But that is a parent problem, right? 

couple of District championships in the last 5-6 years, dare we reach for a higher goal?

If I recall, one of those was by holding the ball for an entire half. Great coaching strategy, why prepare them to actually play basketball and be competitive when you can teach them how to stand and hold the ball. 

Edited by basketball2

Really Vol2Vol2. How can you seriously blow it off as a PARENT problem? The problem squarely points to the coaching at CCHS! I think if you care to check you will find that those players consistently beat or were very competitive with all of the area elementary and middle schools in the upper cumberland region. The same schools that feed all district 6AAA teams. BTW, they also beat middle schools from metro areas like Bradley/Cleveland and Knox county! That's a FACT!!

Your right AAA is more competitive. It then comes down to developing players. That is the responsibility of the COACH! It's also widely known among people who really follow basketball in TN. that district 6AAA is consistently one of weakest AAA districts in the state. A solid foundation was developed before they got to CCHS. Next step should be to strengthen that foundation and build upon it. They know what it takes to win. A good COACH figures out how to bring out that competitiveness in them. That person makes a HUGH difference! It's obvious why they are not competitive!

All due respect, you can not compare "elementary" nor middle school basketball to high school ball. I understand you have near identical line ups as you did in middle school but as kids grow and like you said coaching changes. Players get better and progress while some players don't mature as well. But you can't take a way from the coach you are blaming the problem on. He has won district championships through out his entire career. Pointing fingers at the coach will only make your problem worse. You get home after the game, your athlete hears your opinion. Sides with your opinion since things aren't going as expected. Before you know it a cancer has grew amongst your team and opinions slowly tear a team apart from each other and or there coach

Edited by TSSAAguru