Antioch at Lebanon

steelcityroller

I know my sister-in-law tried to transfer from Lebanon to Wilson Central about 3 years ago. They told her that they didn't have any openings.

A friend of mine his daughter tried to do the same from Lebanon to either Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet and they told her they didn't have any openings.

But I'm sure its one of those things were maybe certain circumstances are overlooked.

I'm guessing she's not 6'3" and running a 4.5

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lebanon decides to go with another coach or Coach Harp decides to go else where, do you think they hire within county or outside county? Th reason I ask there are some good candidates inside county.

Central has got 2 young coaches that might be head coaching possibilities and they also have a coach on staff that has had previous head coaching experience. My son played with the OC at Central. He is a very bright young man that will make a good head coach.

MJ has got at least 2 viable possibilities. They have a coach on staff that has had previous head coaching experience in metro that is young and energetic. They also have another young coach on staff that has been at MJ for a while who is the strength coordinator and O-Line/special teams coach.

Just wanted everyone's input. Obviously, no one can predict future, but wanted some feedback on possibilities. I too believe Lebanon could win, but I think it will take a young coach with a great supportive staff.

Ha ha eers. I'm sure if schools want kids they will find openings. It's probably that and who you know.

There is probably some truth to that as well.

But I know 2 kids that are starting for Friendship Christian right now that were zoned for Lebanon. They couldn't transfer and so they went to Friendship Christian. And they have relatives that work for the school system....

So you figure if anybody would find a way around it then it would have been them.

Edited by steelcityroller

There is probably some truth to that as well.

But I know 2 kids that are starting for Friendship Christian right now that were zoned for Lebanon. They couldn't transfer and so they went to Friendship Christian. And they have relatives that work for the school system....

So you figure if anybody would find a way around it then it would have been them.

. As bad as Lebanon is, I really can't think of one starter at FCS that would be a difference maker in 6a,even for Lebanon. A couple of years ago I would agree, but the talent at FCS is way down also

. As bad as Lebanon is, I really can't think of one starter at FCS that would be a difference maker in 6a,even for Lebanon. A couple of years ago I would agree, but the talent at FCS is way down also

Thats not the point. That was a reference to the ease of kids being able to transfer between schools.

Here you had 2 kids that play football both would probably be starting for Lebanon and with connections in the school system and they weren't allowed to transfer. So they went to Friendship Christian.

Whereas it was brought up earlier that if you play football and know somebody then you can get it done. It didn't work out for those kids....

And any kid that is a "difference" maker in 6A isn't gonna transfer from Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet to Lebanon anyways....

Edited by steelcityroller

Thats not the point. That was a reference to the ease of kids being able to transfer between schools.

Here you had 2 kids that play football both would probably be starting for Lebanon and with connections in the school system and they weren't allowed to transfer. So they went to Friendship Christian.

Whereas it was brought up earlier that if you play football and know somebody then you can get it done. It didn't work out for those kids....

And any kid that is a "difference" maker in 6A isn't gonna transfer from Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet to Lebanon anyways....

. Sorry, I misread your original quote. You are right about this not being fair.

If Lebanon decides to go with another coach or Coach Harp decides to go else where, do you think they hire within county or outside county? Th reason I ask there are some good candidates inside county.

Central has got 2 young coaches that might be head coaching possibilities and they also have a coach on staff that has had previous head coaching experience. My son played with the OC at Central. He is a very bright young man that will make a good head coach.

MJ has got at least 2 viable possibilities. They have a coach on staff that has had previous head coaching experience in metro that is young and energetic. They also have another young coach on staff that has been at MJ for a while who is the strength coordinator and O-Line/special teams coach.

Just wanted everyone's input. Obviously, no one can predict future, but wanted some feedback on possibilities. I too believe Lebanon could win, but I think it will take a young coach with a great supportive staff.

Did you mean if Harp steps down? Yeah right!!............... I have a statement for you Blue Debils; here it is

If management does not step him down; he will be there next season. He is double-dipping in a "sweet" work set-up. Good deal if you can get it. Harp will not leave of his own accord.