Mairvul goes down two Brad Lee Cowntee

STARSNBARS

Nothing like Friday night high school football...on Thursday? I doubt Penny is giving anybody a pass for Friday assignments, quizzes, tests, etc.

Traveling south to play. Last time I went farther down 411 than LA for football was in fall of 82 in semifinals. Buck and Jaque (I think) were too hard to handle that night. Maybe matback remembers? Maybe not. Rumor is some major injuries for BC and they may not be at full strength. Murvil is still not 100% but better than a few weeks ago. I expect a playoff atmosphere. Real grass. Possibility of some weather. I'm anxious to see how the kids respond especially the young ones.

MURVIL IS THE WINNING TEAM! BC IS THE LOSING TEAM! I DONT RECOGNIZE THOSE REFEREES! 31-28 IS THE SCOREBOARD!

Safe travels and I hope there are no more injuries.

sx eye no Mr.200 mph reemimburrs ole Buck and Jaques....He wuz talkin' abowt tham laist nite....Eye perdict we weal git thair inn reccurd time on tha 411 speadway.....Heck Mr200mph tolt me hee maid hit two Maddysunvul inn 8 and a haif minnutts and hit wuz 2 lained...Maybee ewe cain add sum deetales sx..... :popcorneater:

talledega-1.jpg

sx eye no Mr.200 mph reemimburrs ole Buck and Jaques....He wuz talkin' abowt tham laist nite....Eye perdict we weal git thair inn reccurd time on tha 411 speadway.....Heck Mr200mph tolt me hee maid hit two Maddysunvul inn 8 and a haif minnutts and hit wuz 2 lained...Maybee ewe cain add sum deetales sx..... :popcorneater:

talledega-1.jpg

8-1/2 minutes sounds about right. That camaro was at least twice as fast as my Buick and it took me 18 minutes to get to the hula hop. I got a ride from mr200 ONCE. The speed as we crossed the river would have easily won the pole at Bristol. Edited by strongx

I participated in the William Blount 500 that took place on Morganton Road. My '66 Mustang GT would leave the 396 Chevelle's through the curves, but they would leave me on the staightaways.

I traded in my 396 1970 chevelle  for a 1974 4 cyl ford pinto with about 30 horses.Here is the rest of the story.The judge was cool in juvy court.Ask how fast  I was going and I said 73 sir. He asked how fast I was going the first time and I said 84 sir.He said,your slowing down son ! I said yes sir !.He then ask what he fined me the first time and I said 10 dollars sir,my mom smiled as he said it would be a lot more this time.He then said 15 dollars ! and I smiled but my mom didn't.She took the car away and gave my money  back.I went out and bought the pinto for 1000 bucks.I got 300 dollars six months later for the piece of shet.Still love chevelle's and still hate pinto's.Bottom line however is mom saved my life that day.

Edited by BatmanDB

I traded in my 396 1970 chevelle for a 1974 4 cyl ford pinto with about 30 horses.Here is the rest of the story.The judge was cool in juvy court.Ask how fast I was going and I said 73 sir. He asked how fast I was going the first time and I said 84 sir.He said,your slowing down son ! I said yes sir !.He then ask what he fined me the first time and I said 10 dollars sir,my mom smiled as he said it would be a lot more this time.He then said 15 dollars ! and I smiled but my mom didn't.She took the car away and gave my money back.I went out and bought the pinto for 1000 bucks.I got 300 dollars six months later for the piece of shet.Still love chevelle's and still hate pinto's.Bottom line however is mom saved my life that day.

Thats a gooder story. Had some good times in my 76 pinto.