OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

WillieTheWildcat

Now that one doesn't make sense at all. Especially being Matthews and Gaddis are close pals. If I remember correctly he played under Gaddis @ Tullahoma? Well, I guess we will be known as the OR Dodge Balls from here on out. That's sad. We used to never dodge opponents.

It's on the T so it must be true. Seriously, SS?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The change in helmet sticker was not well thought out. There was no way the old, young and younger fans wanted that change. I respect my elders and hated that Coach Blade didn't care enough of their opinions to keep the helmet as it was. Coach Gaddis did the right thing by going back based on nobody has expressed an opposing opinion.

My best Coach Blade moment was when I was watching an OR game on computer, and the Knoxville reporter asked him what the next play was, he said it was like the last play with a twist and that it would score a TD. Guess what happened? The play scored a TD. That was so cool of Coach Blade.

Bottom line for me is...I don't really care who the coach is, I will always support the Wildcats. Remember folks, high school football is for the kids that are in high school. We had our turn in HS now it is their turn. I'm thankful that the school allows us to participate as fans.

The change in helmet sticker was not well thought out. There was no way the old, young and younger fans wanted that change. I respect my elders and hated that Coach Blade didn't care enough of their opinions to keep the helmet as it was. Coach Gaddis did the right thing by going back based on nobody has expressed an opposing opinion.

My best Coach Blade moment was when I was watching an OR game on computer, and the Knoxville reporter asked him what the next play was, he said it was like the last play with a twist and that it would score a TD. Guess what happened? The play scored a TD. That was so cool of Coach Blade.

Bottom line for me is...I don't really care who the coach is, I will always support the Wildcats. Remember folks, high school football is for the kids that are in high school. We had our turn in HS now it is their turn. I'm thankful that the school allows us to participate as fans.

That was the point, Blade didn't care what anybody else thought, he did it knowing it would piss everybody off.  In his defense though, the players did want it.  You said it's about the kids.  

No wonder OR turned down a game next year with Alcoa. Ha!

Webb?......Really?LOL!

Is Webb that much worse than every other team on your schedule? I'd make the argument if Webb played your schedule they would have the same record as Alcoa. One loss to Maryville. Who has Alcoa played outside of Maryville?

Much respect to the Alcoa Tornadoes but I'm not sure why you're acting like Webb isn't a good football team especially with your schedule including quite a few cupcakes.

Webb is a young football team. Young football teams get better every week. Webb is mich better than week 1 when they faced Alcoa. Now would they beat Alcoa now? Probably not but to act like OR lost to a weak program is pretty inaccurate.

Is Webb that much worse than every other team on your schedule? I'd make the argument if Webb played your schedule they would have the same record as Alcoa. One loss to Maryville. Who has Alcoa played outside of Maryville?

Much respect to the Alcoa Tornadoes but I'm not sure why you're acting like Webb isn't a good football team especially with your schedule including quite a few cupcakes.

Webb is a young football team. Young football teams get better every week. Webb is mich better than week 1 when they faced Alcoa. Now would they beat Alcoa now? Probably not but to act like OR lost to a weak program is pretty inaccurate.

Sparty, they stayed in 3A, cupcake city. lol 

Sparty, they stayed in 3A, cupcake city. lol

I'm not saying Webb's region this year is much harder than 3A but Webb does schedule decent/good non district opponents. This year it was Alcoa, OR, CAK, and Grace. In the past it's been Maryville, West, Powell, Beaden, Halls, Central, Catholic. All schools bigger than Webb.

Once again much respect for Alcoa but please name me a team on the schedule outside of Maryville that is better than "terrible" Webb?

Edited by Spartan4Life