OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

WillieTheWildcat

I'm not saying Webb's region this year is much harder than 3A but Webb does schedule decent/good non district opponents. This year it was Alcoa, OR, CAK, and Grace. In the past it's been Maryville, West, Powell, Beaden, Halls, Central, Catholic. All schools bigger than Webb.

Once again much respect for Alcoa but please name me a team on the schedule outside of Maryville that is better than "terrible" Webb?

Truth

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR stayed in 5A as well and didn't move up/  Whats wrong with playing in the classification that you are supposed to be in?  the larger 4A schools have almost twice the number of kids Alcoa has and they still considered it.

OR is in the right classification Hammer. We only have a bit over 1300 students. that isn't 6A numbers. Oh, nevermind. I see. I read it wrong. I got no problem with Alcoa staying in 3A personally.

Edited by SweetScience

OR stayed in 5A as well and didn't move up/ Whats wrong with playing in the classification that you are supposed to be in? the larger 4A schools have almost twice the number of kids Alcoa has and they still considered it.

That wasn't my point. My point is if someone is going to bash and disrespect a team like Webb then at least schedule some teams that are actually better than Webb. If Alcoa didn't play Maryville they wouldn't have had a single good opponent this year besides CAK. Oh yea Webb played and beat CAK as well.

That wasn't my point. My point is if someone is going to bash and disrespect a team like Webb then at least schedule some teams that are actually better than Webb. If Alcoa didn't play Maryville they wouldn't have had a single good opponent this year besides CAK. Oh yea Webb played and beat CAK as well.

Spartan, I never bashed Webb. I respect them. young team with speed to burn. My comment was directed towards the comment that Alcoa should move up to 4A and if they didn't, that some how they were doing something wrong.

But as to the scheduling comment, Alcoa scheduled Webb ( private school with very recent state championships) Maryville ( 6A team, 15 time state champion with only 2 regular season loses in the last 14 yrs and a 5A school and another 6A school.

Show me another 3A team with a tougher non region schedule.

I think someone got there felling hurt by alcoa,you want respect beat em and stop trying to compare your private school to public,get out that piggy bank and go buy you some better players.lol.lol

No feelings hurt here. I pray Webb and Alcoa play next year. Webb will be loaded. From what I gather from coacht posters Rankin will likely drop Webb knowing they will be full strength and ready to compete with just about anyone. ...their words not mine.

For the third time for those who struggle to comprehend. I have no problem with Alcoa. I respect their program. I have a problem with an Alcoa poster calling Webb a cupcake when literally everyone Alcoa plays are cupcakes minus Maryville. If you take Alcoa out of 3A the only class worse than 3A this year probably would be 1A. So by insulting Webb he essentially insulted his 3A championship won against cupcakes with a team who uses open zoning....

I guess asking some people on coacht to have a rational argument is like asking a starving lion not to eat the food in front of him....

Spartan, I never bashed Webb. I respect them. young team with speed to burn. My comment was directed towards the comment that Alcoa should move up to 4A and if they didn't, that some how they were doing something wrong.

But as to the scheduling comment, Alcoa scheduled Webb ( private school with very recent state championships) Maryville ( 6A team, 15 time state champion with only 2 regular season loses in the last 14 yrs and a 5A school and another 6A school.

I wasn't speaking about you. I was talking to BCsports fan who basically said OR loosing to Webb was a joke.

Alcoa is the class of 3A and always will be. I have no problem admitting or saying that. I think they could do the same thing in 4A most years. Obviously not this year with Catholic. Once again no problem with Alcoa. I have a problem with someone who will call a team a cupcake that is the 2nd best team they play all year.

Them having Maryville on their schedule isn't that big of a deal to me. Of course Maryville is great that's not my point, but isn't Alcoa expected to play them every year? That's a rivalry that has been happening for years upon years now. If alcoa didn't schedule that game it would cause an uproar.

Why are we dodging tough opponents? I don't get it. If you wanna aspire to be great you need to play other great teams. I don't get that attitude. So what if you lose? Alcoa is a well known powerhouse in this state, regardless of classification. I just don't get that mindset.

It could have been a simple schedule conflict. But, the call was made. Alcoa's next call was Greeneville. They said yes. It looks like a season opener at CN.