OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the old sparty back.  A little testy?  Oak Ridge is much better on offense, not as good on defense.  Of course every team's goal is to improve each year.  My question basically was asking how much better can they actually be with the same cast that you yourself called the weakest team you'd ever seen at Webb since 2005.  Seems like a fair question to me.  They have to be better than the team that showed up last year.  How much better?  We're about to find out.  

There's the old sparty back. A little testy? Oak Ridge is much better on offense, not as good on defense. Of course every team's goal is to improve each year. My question basically was asking how much better can they actually be with the same cast that you yourself called the weakest team you'd ever seen at Webb since 2005. Seems like a fair question to me. They have to be better than the team that showed up last year. How much better? We're about to find out.

Well I'm saying when you start essentially all sophomores and freshman in 2015. You're gonna take your lumps (even if talented) especially against a good 5A school.

The next year when they are juniors and sophomores they are bound to be better. Next year all those starting will be seniors and juniors.

Webb was so weak last year beacause A. We were very young. B. One of slower backfields we've ever had. C. Weak line play.

This year. A. Still young but have experience. B. One of the fastest backfields we've ever had by adding Elijah Howard to the Jefferson Brothers. C. Line play improving. Not at the usual leve but not at the weak level of last year.

As I've stated multiple times oak ridge is the favorite and should be with depth. I'm not sure Webb has arrived but because of the above factors should be much more competitive this time around. Would love to continue the series although I doubt that will happen.

Well I'm saying when you start essentially all sophomores and freshman in 2015. You're gonna take your lumps (even if talented) especially against a good 5A school.

The next year when they are juniors and sophomores they are bound to be better. Next year all those starting will be seniors and juniors.

Webb was so weak last year beacause A. We were very young. B. One of slower backfields we've ever had. C. Weak line play.

This year. A. Still young but have experience. B. One of the fastest backfields we've ever had by adding Elijah Howard to the Jefferson Brothers. C. Line play improving. Not at the usual leve but not at the weak level of last year.

As I've stated multiple times oak ridge is the favorite and should be with depth. I'm not sure Webb has arrived but because of the above factors should be much more competitive this time around. Would love to continue the series although I doubt that will happen.

I think the series can continue, especially with Webb paying to come to Oak Ridge and paying us to come there.  Why not?  Webb will be very good next year, has always been a quality program.  

I plan on it. Don't think my boy will, ACT in the morning. What time you going?

I'm not sure, this game is unusual, I don't think dad is willing to leave early enough to get a seat, so as long as we make kick off, we should be good.  I haven't been able to talk to him because I left my flipper at home and dad doesn't know how to work his.  Ha Ha

How is your secondary? Have you played any good teams other than Alcoa? Are you better on offense or defense? How is your kicking game?