OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways let's talk ball. What does oak ridge bring to the table in comparison to last year?. Is this about the same level team as last year or would you say they are a little stronger?

Key players to watch for besides Tee? I see McMinn switched to a wing-t this year. Having seen that does it prepare you better for Webb?

Are you guys looking past Webb for the showdown with Campbell County next week?

Last year Oak Ridge was better.The defense was a lot better.Last year Oline was a problem while this year it is O an D line.The D has trouble tackling.The Offense can score 3 straight drives and then vanish for 2 qtrs.Ive yet to see anybody stop Tee his whole career besides our play calling.For some reason we only throw him 1 or 2 deep balls a game.JG has been a great RB but has really not done much in a while(maybe OL).But I know the talent is there if we can start clicking and get everybody on same page.I would think this game is a toss up but hope the cats play fired up and on a mission.

Game Day let's go!!! My biggest desire besides winning is that Webb shows Oak Ridge that lasts years team is not even slightly representative of a typical Webb team.

I was embarrassed watching that and have never seen a weaker team since I started at Webb in 2005. Oak Ridge wins if depth becomes an issue (which is likely) Webb wins if they can get #15 #13 and #8 out in space early and often.

Game Day let's go!!! My biggest desire besides winning is that Webb shows Oak Ridge that lasts years team is not even slightly representative of a typical Webb team.

I was embarrassed watching that and have never seen a weaker team since I started at Webb in 2005. Oak Ridge wins if depth becomes an issue (which is likely) Webb wins if they can get #15 #13 and #8 out in space early and often.

Is this not the same bunch of players minus last years seniors add an 8th grader?

Is this not the same bunch of players minus last years seniors add an 8th grader?

It's an entire team that's a year older a year faster a year more experienced with some new pieces including the best talent on the field minues tee who is in eight grade. Webb lost four seniors.

Every year a team changes drastically. Even if it's just experience. They get better or worse every year. Look at the records coming into this game last year. Webb has one loss to Alcoa this year. Last year Webb had 3 or 4 already at this point.

Am I saying they have arrived? No that will probably be next year. But It surprises me anyone would imply or essentially say "isn't it the same team from last year" when talking high school football. No team is ever the same year to year....ever....so I'm confused with that question.

Oak Ridge isn't the same team as last year either. Are they better? Idk. Are they worse? Idk. But they aren't the same team they were last year. Impossible....even with the same players.

Edited by Spartan4Life