OAK RIDGE vs WEBB

WillieTheWildcat

We were lucky to even be in the game. If not for the punt block and defensive TD that game could've been anywhere from 30 to 35-7. It was an A&& kicking.

Somewhat, most of our problems were self-inflicted.  Penalties cancelled out big plays and extended 2 scoring drives for Webb.  Webb made the big plays when they had to.  Converted a 4th and 13 and 3 and 15.  My biggest concern is that we are mentally not there as a team.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, we have players in the wrong place. We played a freshman at outside linebacker? Over sophomores and juniors. Our players better have a meeting, because they will have to when despite our coaching. Johnny is a good player but he is not a QB. 34 years and 1 state championship and that one only because they players were not going to be denied. Hopefully, for the players sake, they can get it together and win next week despite the coaching!!

I d

We were lucky to even be in the game. If not for the punt block and defensive TD that game could've been anywhere from 30 to 35-7. It was an A&& kicking.

I disagree completely. The Cats didn't play well, but they were never allowed any momentum. Every big play on offense except one was called back. Not just little penalties. How many 1st and 35 to gos can you have without it starting to wear thin? I did find out tonight that I thought I knew the rules to football and I was wrong.

I d

I disagree completely. The Cats didn't play well, but they were never allowed any momentum. Every big play on offense except one was called back. Not just little penalties. How many 1st and 35 to gos can you have without it starting to wear thin? I did find out tonight that I thought I knew the rules to football and I was wrong.

I will agree that we did have some big plays called back, but that's part of the game. Giving up tnot one but two 3rd and very long to a Wing-T team is just bad. Our secondary is not very good and hasn't been all year. Ever since #32 went out it has gotten way worse. I agree with OTH. What was the deal with the freshman playing LB? I mean he gave his all and will be a darn good player eventually, but starting tonight? I don't get that. We need a new secondary coach.

Edited by SweetScience

We pretty much kept him in check for the most part running the ball but he got loose on a few pass plays. Wide open on a few of them. 

I got to see him against GCA and it looks like this kid is going to torch all the records that are out there before he is done. Can you imagine this kid will still be playing high school football in the year 2020.

Seems like on both of those long pass plays we pulled up because we thought there was or there would be a flag thrown.

Just saying.

WILDCAT PRIDE

The kids should have never stopped, but they did. The false start on the last one was so obvious everyone, including Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Millsap, stopped to relax. Everyone except Webb.