Gerry Bertier 4A Region Projections

Gerry Bertier

I think they'll send Ripley to Memphis too in that scenario.

They *could* use 40 as a de facto boundary and do this.

North -

Obion

Dyersburg

Crockett

Ripley

Haywood

North side

Liberty

South -

Hardin

Lexington

Chester

SS

FW

Craigmont

Kirby

Millington

This could be an option.  All I know is Region 8 has never come any further north than Covington.

Yes they will eventually have an enrollment of 1300-1400 students. That area of Williamson County is booming and one reason Coach Hester made the move. Many in that area think they will compete for 4A state championship in 2018.

I think it was them I watched beat our 9th and some 10th graders earlier this week. Lots of fan / parent support, I could see them growing quickly into a good program.

I appreciate the work you have done here but I have lived here all life and it takes 1.5 hours to get to Memphis. We are with in 40 minutes of Liberty , NS , SS , Crockett , Ripley , Obion and Haywood. We are within 20 minutes of three of these. Heck it only takes 1 hr and 15 min to get to Lexington. Like I said it is going to suck but we will not be in region 8.

My guess is your distances are skewed. At most you would have three travel games in a six team district. This would leave five remaining games that you could schedule against whomever you choose including picking up one or more home/home game as you have done in the past.

Once again it is gonna suck but here is my prediction. Maybe they put Ripley in 8.

Region 7

Lexington

Hardin Co.

Chester Co.

South Side

North Side

Liberty

Crockett Co.

Obion Co.

Dyersburg

Ripley

Region 8

Haywood

Fayette Ware

Millington

Craigmont

Kirby

Lexington, Hardin County, North Side, Lexington, Liberty, and Dyersburg? Yikes! If this happens, will be the toughest region in the state by far, and I will probably even put as one of the toughest regions in the country. I just mentioned 6 football teams (not including Chester, South Side, Obion Central, Crockett County, and Ripley) that are good quality football teams. So that's 11, therefore every game will be a region game. Chances of this region happening is a 5% chance. Two options. 1. Ripley will be moved to Region 8-4A. 2. Hardin County should head over to Region 6-4A I believe. It will not be fair if Crockett County and Ripley sees these projections and this is what they're getting, they want to move to the Memphis region.

Question: Is Dyersburg a solid lock for 4A?

Region1

Sullivan East

Sullivan Central

Sullivan South

Greeneville

Grainger

Seymour

Region 2

Union Co

Gibbs

Anderson Co

Fulton