William Blount hosts Bradley Central

Governm

Will them fellers from Coffee County bring a big ole baind? I hear their fans fill coffee cans with change and make all kinds of noise. :huh:

Showofts.....Me and momma branged a coffee cain two a gaim oncest and eye'm so pore eye retched inn my pockit fer sum pennies and pulled out a big ole peace ov lint....Hitt didun't maik two much noyse ethur.... :wacko:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some positive things to take away from the 2016 season.

1- The Govs were much more competitive in region games than they were in 2015.

2- The defense was head and shoulders better than it has been in 4 or 5 years and a lot of young guys (sophomores) are starting or getting significant playing time on that side of the ball.

3- We had two stars emerge on offense in Yoakum and Love and those guys will be back next year.

4- The JV team did well from what I heard.

5- Shad actually put backups in to play in the 2nd half in the few games where we got blown out. That will help us out a lot next year. It was especially good to see the backup QB get playing time to prepare him for next year.

6- The Middle School team was undefeated and won the championship and some of those 8th graders can comtribute immediately next year.

7- #Shad

G91, you are definitely a fan, buddy.  You are right in that they were more competitive this year in a tough district and there were some young players contributing.  From what I hear the schedule will drastically lighten next year, if that is the case and you can keep some of the younger players playing, the win column should look a lot better for you next year.  From what I hear, all of the middle school kids plan on staying, I don't see any of them helping you next year, but they should help in a couple of years.  And yes, you have the Shad factor, so maybe it will be better for you next year...you deserve it.

Edited by jake

G91, you are definitely a fan, buddy.  You are right in that they were more competitive this year in a tough district and there were some young players contributing.  From what I hear the schedule will drastically lighten next year, if that is the case and you can keep some of the younger players playing, the win column should look a lot better for you next year.  From what I hear, all of the middle school kids plan on staying, I don't see any of them helping you next year, but they should help in a couple of years.  And yes, you have the Shad factor, so maybe it will be better for you next year...you deserve it.

Graduating #2. #27 and #25 will be tough. The biggest thing that will help the Govs next year is the scheduling of less successful and/or smaller schools.

Having #2 and #12 as back to back QBs is a rare luxury at WB. They could be 2 of the top 5 most gifted QBs to ever play at WB. I hope the window of opportunity isn't wasted. Middle school kids are incredibly good. The talent is there to make a run.

Graduating #2. #27 and #25 will be tough. The biggest thing that will help the Govs next year is the scheduling of less successful and/or smaller schools.

Having #2 and #12 as back to back QBs is a rare luxury at WB. They could be 2 of the top 5 most gifted QBs to ever play at WB. I hope the window of opportunity isn't wasted. Middle school kids are incredibly good. The talent is there to make a run.

Hope it turns out better for them if they make that decision.  For this old dad it has been a four year nightmare....but, it is almost over and we can get on with the rest of our lives.  They say what don't kill you will make you stronger.  I had some of the players over at the house last night and it is sad to see some kids that once loved the game and now are almost to the point that they hate the game.

Hope it turns out better for them if they make that decision.  For this old dad it has been a four year nightmare....but, it is almost over and we can get on with the rest of our lives.  They say what don't kill you will make you stronger.  I had some of the players over at the house last night and it is sad to see some kids that once loved the game and now are almost to the point that they hate the game.

Jake...did Stars ever offer you his special garbage service package?

Really feel bad for those kids. I think those seniors were something like 39-1 in youth and middle school football. Hoping for the best for those young kids coming up.

Really feel bad for those kids. I think those seniors were something like 39-1 in youth and middle school football. Hoping for the best for those young kids coming up.

I think that just goes to show how much different it is once the talent level gets more comparable. Once you get to high school coaching becomes such a bigger part of the game. its easy to be big winners in middle/ rec ball. but its much harder to win the further you go up. 

But I hate it for the kids. I dont know how many times over the years ive seen kids make it to high school and don't have the success that many projected for them. sometimes its coaches get in the way of that and sometimes just bad timing and bad luck. 

Edited by BcAlumni1982