Region 6-5A Playoffs

VizualProphet

You hear griping because people expect better here in Gallatin. In case you forgot, Gallatin football was playing just as good of football year in/ year out as Beech when Robert left GHS in 2011. And prior to 2009, GHS record was quite dominant against Beech. Still today have a good bit more wins against Bucs, but Beech is catching up fast since 2012 obviously... This is the first ever era that Beech has ever been good, when Coach Crabtree arrived. You'll know the feeling once your program falls off some. You will want it to be back to winning football like you are used to. Anybody will tell you Gallatin is one of the most storied football programs in this state. They have a great fan base. Lots of support from the community. QB club raises lots of $$$ for the program on their own, because the Sumner County Board of Education doesn't fix / pay for everything in our program like they have a few others in this county......hmm. The football stadium is fine, don't know what people are saying otherwise. One of the better, & bigger high school stadiums in the state to watch a highschool football game. Only thing they are lacking is consistency within the football program. And that all started not long ago...You act as if Beech has just always had a good football program. News for you, not the case. Every program has ups & downs, and yours isn't the exception.

I don't think he said Beech has sways been good. I think he said there's not the negativity surrounding the program. Beech had a couple of those around .500 seasons recently, still didn't hear a lot of negativity. Not hearing a lot of negativity out of Hendersonville, who didn't make the playoffs. Could things be better in Gallatin, sure but I don't think it's wholesale changes. Every program could be better, but at the same token it could be worse than what it is. I don't think anyone is content it's 6-5 and I'm not saying they should be, I just don't think you can put it all on the coaches. Gallatins program isn't what it once was, but I do think you're going in the right direction. I would anticipate next years record to reflect that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear griping because people expect better here in Gallatin. In case you forgot, Gallatin football was playing just as good of football year in/ year out as Beech when Robert left GHS in 2011. And prior to 2009, GHS record was quite dominant against Beech. Still today have a good bit more wins against Bucs, but Beech is catching up fast since 2012 obviously... This is the first ever era that Beech has ever been good, when Coach Crabtree arrived. You'll know the feeling once your program falls off some. You will want it to be back to winning football like you are used to. Anybody will tell you Gallatin is one of the most storied football programs in this state. They have a great fan base. Lots of support from the community. QB club raises lots of $$$ for the program on their own, because the Sumner County Board of Education doesn't fix / pay for everything in our program like they have a few others in this county......hmm. The football stadium is fine, don't know what people are saying otherwise. One of the better, & bigger high school stadiums in the state to watch a highschool football game. Only thing they are lacking is consistency within the football program. And that all started not long ago...You act as if Beech has just always had a good football program. News for you, not the case. Every program has ups & downs, and yours isn't the exception.

The football stadium is not FINE!! It needs repair and upgrades.

The football stadium is not FINE!! It needs repair and upgrades.

Of all the things I tried to mention about what kind of season this team would've had without Mason, you only choose to talk about my comment on the stadium. I'm sure you'll take up for the coaching as well like every other year. I am literally the only Gallatin fan on here who can take off the Green & Gold lenses, and realize that this team underachieved a bit this season, and head coach has had more mediocre/bad seasons, and no great seasons with 8+ regular season wins. I imagine you'll be on here before the 2017 season talking/sprucing up the Green Wave once again, just to have another average season. Until something changes, just expect more of the same. The away side concrete at the Waveyard is the least of our worries for Gallatin football, yet this is the only thing you point out. After everything I've went over, that's all you point out. Real life facts that this program has been through the past few seasons. You all can be content with these type of seasons, I WONT. Take away 5A Mr. Football, this season would have been way worse than 6-5. Not a doubt about it.

Of all the things I tried to mention about what kind of season this team would've had without Mason, you only choose to talk about my comment on the stadium. I'm sure you'll take up for the coaching as well like every other year. I am literally the only Gallatin fan on here who can take off the Green & Gold lenses, and realize that this team underachieved a bit this season, and head coach has had more mediocre/bad seasons, and no great seasons with 8+ regular season wins. I imagine you'll be on here before the 2017 season talking/sprucing up the Green Wave once again, just to have another average season. Until something changes, just expect more of the same. The away side concrete at the Waveyard is the least of our worries for Gallatin football, yet this is the only thing you point out. After everything I've went over, that's all you point out. Real life facts that this program has been through the past few seasons. You all can be content with these type of seasons, I WONT. Take away 5A Mr. Football, this season would have been way worse than 6-5. Not a doubt about it.

Gwave, thegreatone has solid points that should be discussed, but you always seem to divert the real issues at hand and ignore the problems within. This coaching staff has managed two losing seasons, had one successful season making it the quarterfinals (the same season they lost to TROUSDALE 1A) I've never been a fan of this current staff, they always seem to have a ton of talented players but yet come up short every year. There is plenty of substance to Thegreatones remarks about the current staff at Gallatin, anyone who wants to divert away from the topic because it's "awkward" because you may be close with some of the parents or coaches. This is football, it's a tough sport, people need to be called out if they aren't producing, only weak minded individuals sit back and constantly take the positive approach, maybe yoga is more your style.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

When you compare Sumner and Wilson counties to Davidson, Rutherford, and Williamson in terms of D-1 talent there is a huge gap. Other than Hurd and Malone name another highly recruited player in those counties in the past 10 years. Until this year MJ has been very mediocre and what do they have a couple of linemen who are mid majors recruits this year? WC has a couple of TN Tech maybe's? Mason is the first player Gallatin has had even get any D-1 looks in what 10 years, Beech and Hendersonville don't have any this year. Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, PC, and Stratford all have rosters full of prospects. Rutherford and Williamson counties are both heavily loaded with prospects. The coaching at Beech, Hendersonville, MJ, and Gallatin in my opinion is pretty good. Those teams are pretty good most years with non D1 talent. I think it says a lot about their coaching staffs. By the way the 4 Sumner County teams in region 6 are 1-8 against CR and Hillsboro this year. Another example of talent winning out.

You don't have to have D1 talent to make it all the way to cookeville. Maryville proves that every year. Lavegrne has D1 talent, but that doesn't mean they are going deep in the playoffs. Rutherford had D1 players in my days at Gallatin when we faced off against Rutherford county and we still had success. My point still stands, Jordan Mason saved these coaches @** this year. Without the all time school rushing leader they would've EASILY lost 3 more games. But nobody wants to mention that except myself on here. Ofcourse Eers, ghostbuster, etc want Gallatin to stay stagnant where they are, because clearly it benefits Beech based off previous success.

When you compare Sumner and Wilson counties to Davidson, Rutherford, and Williamson in terms of D-1 talent there is a huge gap. Other than Hurd and Malone name another highly recruited player in those counties in the past 10 years. Until this year MJ has been very mediocre and what do they have a couple of linemen who are mid majors recruits this year? WC has a couple of TN Tech maybe's? Mason is the first player Gallatin has had even get any D-1 looks in what 10 years, Beech and Hendersonville don't have any this year. Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, PC, and Stratford all have rosters full of prospects. Rutherford and Williamson counties are both heavily loaded with prospects. The coaching at Beech, Hendersonville, MJ, and Gallatin in my opinion is pretty good. Those teams are pretty good most years with non D1 talent. I think it says a lot about their coaching staffs. By the way the 4 Sumner County teams in region 6 are 1-8 against CR and Hillsboro this year. Another example of talent winning out.

Davidson, Rutherford and Williamson counties have 1.2million people. Sumner and Wilson have 300,000. I hope they have more d1 talent. It's easy to cherry pick the 4 best teams in metro to say how much better the talent is. What about Glencliff, Hillwood, Whites Creek and Hunters Lane. How is their record against Summer and Wilson Co? Edited by tandem

You have valid points about some of the issues, I choose to point out one that you are incorrect about. Everybody has opinions. One that I have is that Lassiter possibly underachieved as you have stated Williams has. There is no point airing out grievances on a message board. What good does it do? If you or anybody else for that matter have a problem with the coaches, players, administration, etc then take it up with them or the school board.

Here's my thing about Lassiter vs Williams version of "underachieving". Coach William's resume is 3-7, 8-5 (the only season that has saved his butt IMO, but still lost to Trousdale) 7-4, 4-6, 6-5. These are not good records. Also tallied up losses to Trousdale County, Portland, Station Camp (after Lassiter had GHS 3-0 vs SC), the list goes on.

Coach Lassiter "underachieved" because of playoffs. But the last few seasons were still great seasons leading up to Williams. 8-3, 10-3, 7-4, 10-2. Keep in mind these records were against teams like Smyrna in their state championship loss to Maryville, against Oakland, against some great Brentwood teams with Chudi Echetebu at RB, Canton Ohio, defeated Beech the year they won the first state title 7-0, and then lost in quarters to them by 3 points, Henry County on a undefeated year, etc. They scrimmaged Blackman (with I'tavious Mather's) Riverdale, Smyrna & White House every year. Point is they played tough competition as well with Lassiter (IMO they played tougher competition with Lassiter at helm no doubt) & Lassiter never had a Mr. Football finalist to work with and still did well.

Yeah I'm sure well never beat the Bucs again in our future..... Had a field day against Jalen Hurd and your Bucs my senior year. And overall record vs your team is highly in GHS'S favor still. I'm sure well get back to winning that game once we change a couple things around. Ask GWave1 what our record is vs Beech. Don't understand where your cockiness comes from.