Region 6-5A Playoffs

VizualProphet

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you would have been a 3 win team without Mason this year. Let's see, you lose him, all of your line, both WR and almost all of your defense. We smoked your freshman team this year so what will you do? We are in good shape for next year and our freshman team went 7-1. Enough about our bright future, let's talk about this year. Looking forward to the rematch with Cane Ridge, they are a good team but I am confident that we will find a way to win.

We lost to beech my freshman year, then beat that same class my senior year. If you base everything off of middle school and freshman records, I feel sorry for you. And Coach Crabtree is what keeps your team afloat. Ask anybody in this thread about Beech's talent this year. It isn't all that great. But GOOD COACHING makes the difference. Give Crabtree & staff Gallatin's team this year, and they would be even better. This is my opinion, but I'm sure some others would agree

Edited by thegreatone36

We lost to beech my freshman year, then beat that same class my senior year. If you base everything off of middle school and freshman records, I feel sorry for you. And Coach Crabtree is what keeps your team afloat. Ask anybody in this thread about Beech's talent this year. It isn't all that great. But GOOD COACHING makes the difference. Give Crabtree & staff Gallatin's team this year, and they would be even better. This is my opinion, but I'm sure some others would agree

It's not just Crabtree. The entire staff is pretty solid. That's not at all taking away from Crabtree, simply stating the entire staff is solid. I've had a lot of people tell me Williams is a good coach, people that know. As far as the rest of the staff, I only know a few of them.

All I'm trying to say is it's not always coaching that leads to average/below average years. Sometimes it's the overall dynamics of the team. Talent doesn't always lead to wins. I personally believe last years Beech team was more talented than this years team, but this years team is a better TEAM. If you haven't been intricately involved in the program, you simply don't know. Most of the time the issues are much deeper than JUST coaching.

It's not just Crabtree. The entire staff is pretty solid. That's not at all taking away from Crabtree, simply stating the entire staff is solid. I've had a lot of people tell me Williams is a good coach, people that know. As far as the rest of the staff, I only know a few of them.

All I'm trying to say is it's not always coaching that leads to average/below average years. Sometimes it's the overall dynamics of the team. Talent doesn't always lead to wins. I personally believe last years Beech team was more talented than this years team, but this years team is a better TEAM. If you haven't been intricately involved in the program, you simply don't know. Most of the time the issues are much deeper than JUST coaching.

My issue with Williams & staff, is they arent getting the max potential out of what they have IMO. (Mainly at the offensive line.) Coach Crabtree and staff seem to squeeze out the maximum potential out of his players.

tandem before you start getting all crazy about region 6 being so great, you need to look no further at Independence at the top of region 5 before you make any predictions of champions my friend. At 26-0 we have no intention of giving up our spot at the top. We eliminated #4 seed Gallatin 35-0 and I'm sure everyone will say it would have been a different story if Mason had played and we wished he did but we were without our starting RB as well and that didn't slow us down at all. You can't build a championship team around just one player. Cane Ridge was getting their tails whipped 21-0 by our region 5 #4 seed Summit until they woke up in the second half. All the teams in middle tennessee that are left are capable to run the table but all roads to the championship still come thru Indy and that's a fact.

GWAVE1 I wanted to give the Gallatin Green Wave a shout out for a good season! My assessment of the team is that they have some fine athletes and talent on both sides of the ball. The main difference between Gallatin and Indy was that the Gallatin players are still raw in their talent and the Indy players have a little more development. Injuries are part of the game and Indy has had plenty this year, so the development of not only the starters but the backup players is critical. If Gallatin is looking to take that next step then they need to have a strong offseason workout program that holds everybody accountable and total buy in with the players and coaches. There's too much talent there not to be successful!

When you compare Sumner and Wilson counties to Davidson, Rutherford, and Williamson in terms of D-1 talent there is a huge gap. Other than Hurd and Malone name another highly recruited player in those counties in the past 10 years. Until this year MJ has been very mediocre and what do they have a couple of linemen who are mid majors recruits this year? WC has a couple of TN Tech maybe's? Mason is the first player Gallatin has had even get any D-1 looks in what 10 years, Beech and Hendersonville don't have any this year. Hillsboro, Cane Ridge, PC, and Stratford all have rosters full of prospects. Rutherford and Williamson counties are both heavily loaded with prospects. The coaching at Beech, Hendersonville, MJ, and Gallatin in my opinion is pretty good. Those teams are pretty good most years with non D1 talent. I think it says a lot about their coaching staffs. By the way the 4 Sumner County teams in region 6 are 1-8 against CR and Hillsboro this year. Another example of talent winning out.

anthony hughes. Has not been to any camps to get a ranking but is being highly recruited.