Gerry Bertier's 3A Top Ten heading into the Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- F5 has a chance to mercy rule their way to another Gold Ball in Cookeville.

2. Liberty Tech- Crusaders are the favorite to come out of the West right now but they will be tested by a number of different teams.

3. Elizabethton- This will be Alcoa's toughest test before they get to Cookeville, but the Cyclones season will likely end in the Quarters.

4. Milan- It is about to be November, which means it is Coach Morris time. The Bulldogs will be a tough out this playoff season.

5. Dyersburg- if the Trojans stay healthy they have an opportunity to avenge an early loss to Liberty in the quarterfinals or try to beat Milan twice in a season.

6. Goodpasture- The upstart Cougars are looking to rekindle the magic they had in the 2000s.

7. Fairview- Yellow Jackets finish their first undefeated season since 1979. Draw a tough East Nashville bunch in the 1st round.

8. Stratford- if the Spartans were a stock their value would be dropping. QB is out for the year and they struggled in their last regular season game. Discipline will be an issue and will be tested against the Cheatham Co. veer

9. CAK- Another squad whose stock has fallen due to an injured QB. Warriors will win the 1st round then bow out to Elizabethton in round 2.

10. Sequatchie Co.- The Squatch has a potential to host the F5 in the Semis or they could have an early exit. A weak schedule makes this team tough to judge.

Teams to watch- CPA, Raleigh Egypt, Bolivar, Red Bank

Edited by Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- F5 has a chance to mercy rule their way to another Gold Ball in Cookeville.

2. Liberty Tech- Crusaders are the favorite to come out of the West right now but they will be tested by a number of different teams.

3. Elizabethton- This will be Alcoa's toughest test before they get to Cookeville, but the Cyclones season will likely end in the Quarters.

4. Milan- It is about to be November, which means it is Coach Morris time. The Bulldogs will be a tough out this playoff season.

5. Dyersburg- if the Trojans stay healthy they have an opportunity to avenge an early loss to Liberty in the quarterfinals or try to beat Milan twice in a season.

6. Goodpasture- The upstart Cougars are looking to rekindle the magic they had in the 2000s.

7. Fairview- Yellow Jackets finish their first undefeated season since 1979. Draw a tough East Nashville bunch in the 1st round.

8. Stratford- if the Spartans were a stock their value would be dropping. QB is out for the year and they struggled in their last regular season game. Discipline will be an issue and will be tested against the Cheatham Co. veer

9. CAK- Another squad whose stock has fallen due to an injured QB. Warriors will win the 1st round then bow out to Elizabethton in round 2.

10. Sequatchie Co.- The Squatch has a potential to host the F5 in the Semis or they could have an early exit. A weak schedule makes this team tough to judge.

Great insight Gerry!

Looks good but I'm not going to sleep on Stratford or CPA. Yeah CPAs record isn't great. But they were within 2 play of being the 1 seed in Region 5. And Stratford, I remember well how big and fast they were exactly 1 year ago. These things concern me as a Fairview fan. We're a much better team this year in my opinion but are we improved enough to be competitive with Region 5?

We will soon find out!

This list is on point. Sleeper in top 15 teams may be Red Bank.