Franklin County Coach

Bearfire

I would like to take a minute and talk about our objectives from a football program standpoint.  The name of the game is to try and win as many games as you want to but the bigger picture is to help student athletes become better men, husbands, fathers and successful as  they graduate from high school and move on into adult life.  It is hard to disprove what someone with a computer and a agenda can type and hide behind a screen name says but  I can say that since i have been there everyday with our kids we would never give our kids a certain number of wins to keep my job or to play for me or any other or our coaches.  Our players play for our team, our community and our county which has a proud tradition of football  Our kids are being taught to win, fight and compete with class every day.

There is nothing to gain for me being on here except that i do not hid behind a screen name, i am scott smith.

As for the future of rebel football we will begin cleaning up our field house and storing away equipment after cleaning up and inventorying it.  We will begin our off season weight program tomorrow, since all but two players have weight lifting during the day, and start finalizing our next 2 year schedule and begin preparation for our new region opponents.  We will focus on getting our senior players that want to play college football a place to play next year.  In other words it will be business as usual. 

Your post is dead on and what I would want to hear from any coach who I would entrust my son with. I do not live in your county, plsy against you or even know you, however I respect you and what you do and this post.  I believe that you have building a winning program as your goal, but I also believe you are more concerned about these young men than you are a season record. I hope God will continue to bless you and provide and guide you as you take on the role of putting young men on the right path. 

Your post is dead on and what I would want to hear from any coach who I would entrust my son with. I do not live in your county, plsy against you or even know you, however I respect you and what you do and this post. I believe that you have building a winning program as your goal, but I also believe you are more concerned about these young men than you are a season record. I hope God will continue to bless you and provide and guide you as you take on the role of putting young men on the right path.

Coach Smith is a great guy. Always enjoy talking to him on Friday Main Event.

Coach Smith is a great guy. Always enjoy talking to him on Friday Main Event.

I am glad to hear that... I would hope if he is the caliber man that some folks on this very post claim him to be, they pick up the cause and make sure he has the opportunity to build on this years successe and program . There are people who know how to win and then there are winners. Sounds like he is a winner. 

I am glad to hear that... I would hope if he is the caliber man that some folks on this very post claim him to be, they pick up the cause and make sure he has the opportunity to build on this years successe and program . There are people who know how to win and then there are winners. Sounds like he is a winner.

Franklin County would be well advised to keep Scott Smith. Even if it takes 4-5 years to turn it around. This isn't college football for pete's sakes. This guy is a proven winner.

Inside source says Scott Smith will be dismissed Monday.  Has anyone else heard this?

1 out of 7 chance of getting it right, which Monday and what year?  If it was Monday 10/31/2016 then I think you got my hopes up for nothing.  If it is another Monday please let me know so I can continue to be hopeful.

1 out of 7 chance of getting it right, which Monday and what year?  If it was Monday 10/31/2016 then I think you got my hopes up for nothing.  If it is another Monday please let me know so I can continue to be hopeful.

You think it is Smith and not talented enough yet? 

You think it is Smith and not talented enough yet? 

I think they are graduating a group that went undefeated as Freshmen, and have a group of Juniors that beat Riverdale's Freshmen in the Lions bowl and had only one loss that year.  Smith has had two years to develop those young men and they have gotten worse.  The talent is as good as it has always been if not better and they are not given a chance to win.  So yes, I think it is Smith. 

I think they are graduating a group that went undefeated as Freshmen, and have a group of Juniors that beat Riverdale's Freshmen in the Lions bowl and had only one loss that year.  Smith has had two years to develop those young men and they have gotten worse.  The talent is as good as it has always been if not better and they are not given a chance to win.  So yes, I think it is Smith. 

All the freshmen on that team play this year? Playing against same teams?

Edited by fb247