Fulton @ Sullivan East

GoVols2016

Indeed Swipes, my Bobcats are rolling into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Fulton had chances against us, but IMO, Fulton got out coached by Rosser and his staff. Ball inside the 5 yd line 3 times and no points? Fulton got away from running the ball and I believe it cost them. Central will provide Greeneville with the test to see just how good they are, as long as we beat Grainger. Lol

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed Swipes, my Bobcats are rolling into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Fulton had chances against us, but IMO, Fulton got out coached by Rosser and his staff. Ball inside the 5 yd line 3 times and no points? Fulton got away from running the ball and I believe it cost them. Central will provide Greeneville with the test to see just how good they are, as long as we beat Grainger. Lol

Looking forward to that 2nd round matchup as long as we both take care of business. Living in Knoxville I've seen Catholic, Fulton, and Knox central play along with Greeneville. Greeneville is alot like Catholic when it comes spreading the ball around with 4 to 5 wr and 3 rb that share carries and the D in my opinion is just as tough or tougher than Catholic. Return alot on that side of the Ball with 3 lineman, 2 lb and the secondary back from last year

Looking forward to that 2nd round matchup as long as we both take care of business. Living in Knoxville I've seen Catholic, Fulton, and Knox central play along with Greeneville. Greeneville is alot like Catholic when it comes spreading the ball around with 4 to 5 wr and 3 rb that share carries and the D in my opinion is just as tough or tougher than Catholic. Return alot on that side of the Ball with 3 lineman, 2 lb and the secondary back from last year

It's hard to gauge Catholic's defense this year since they've yet to play the second half of  8 games this year. Fulton and Belfry were the only games that the starters played in the 3rd quarter, and no starter has played in the 4th all year. I'm sure Greeneville is in the same boat as far as resting starters.  If both teams can get to the third round it should be something that neither starting unit is used too a 4 quarters game (need to have the oxygen tanks handy lol). Catholic's bench has gotten a lot of playing time this year.  If I'm not mistaken Catholic starts 8 players on defense that played against Greeneville last year including the entire secondary. And on offense 8 of 11 players played or started as well. Look at me looking ahead.  Have to focus on Cherokee. I love their helmets.  Central won't be a push over.  Athletic group with an excellent coaching staff.

Edited by QSouth89

What is everyone's thoughts on where Fulton would be if they had not had Mobley all year? He has been a huge part of the success they have and a tremendous player.

This is a huge loss to a very young and inexperienced team... Fulton still has some very good talent behind them, And coach black will not allow them to use this as an excuse... Mobley's presence will definitely be missed as a leader on offense and defense...

I went to this one.Fulton is just in another universe athletically speaking, compared to East, who looked like a mid tier Class A team. I saw Fulton play a couple of times earlier this year, and counted 36 players tonight. What happened to their roster? If I had to guess, the two times I saw them (against Motown East and Murville), I would have said they dressed 60-70 players. 

I agree Fulton got out coached. Why would you pass four times when you have the ball first down on the two?

Glad to have been at this one as well. I want to make note of the great people at East. A very nice community, obviously, and a most beautiful area. Best Wishes for next year. Great job with the Kettle Korn! Ate a whole bag my self, and sure know it today.

I agree Fulton got out coached. Why would you pass four times when you have the ball first down on the two?

I don't know why you would pass three times, but we all know why four. Something has to be done about the kicking game. Central nearly got them last year on the kicking game, arguably did this year. With full credit to Catholic, I would claim that the kicking game cost a state title last year. There is an ongoing rebuilding process, so lets hope that as the team adds capabilities, this will work itself out. Sure would like to see a "volunteer" kicking coach come over.

Edited by birdwatcher