Looking for comment....

AlnwickFootball

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on what is going on at WB last couple of days.

I'm hearing the travel squad...um....shrunk?

REACT TO ME!

Well I don't know if he still uses the same concept, but Shad used to dress the JV with the Varsity for every game here at Blackman, But just for math sake if he still does, that could be upwards of 30-40 kids that will be traveling and not seeing a single down for this game. My thought is, if he did downsize for this game. it was a financial decision to save on the additional bus, driver, fuel and pregame meal expenses. That may also free up a bus to serve as a pep bus the students can pay to ride on to the game 

Well I don't know if he still uses the same concept, but Shad used to dress the JV with the Varsity for every game here at Blackman, But just for math sake if he still does, that could be upwards of 30-40 kids that will be traveling and not seeing a single down for this game. My thought is, if he did downsize for this game. it was a financial decision to save on the additional bus, driver, fuel and pregame meal expenses. That may also free up a bus to serve as a pep bus the students can pay to ride on to the game 

You are saying that he may have told his younger players, "sorry guys we don't have room for you on this trip, you will be staying home for this one"  That would be about the dumbest thing a coach could possibly do, especially if he wants any of them to come back out for the team next year.  That's like saying, "Hey boys, thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears and for playing scout team all year, but this is a playoff game and we don't need you guys cause you can't help us anyway"  c'mon man! That's ridiculous.  Everyone of those kids that got left home would go play for Murvil, ha ha.

You are probably right on with your analysis. Follow the money. Another crazy example of what happens when the playoffs are set up this way.

Just taking the ones that wanted to go is what I hear....we are going to be able to get them in four minivans that were loaners from Airport Honda and I will throw the equipment in the back of my truck.  That ended up being much cheaper than two chartered buses and the U-Haul for the equipment. 

Welp eye no thait thay got munny....Britt haz stold 4% frum us Mairvul and Alcoee tacks payurs which he down't shair wif hiz goodur citty naburrs...

Duz ennybodee no whur thes kidz thait ere gettin' left beehind weal bee...???.....Eye mite wanna taik tham onn a unnoffishull vizit two 825 Lorrunce..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Just taking the ones that wanted to go is what I hear....we are going to be able to get them in four minivans that were loaners from Airport Honda and I will throw the equipment in the back of my truck.  That ended up being much cheaper than two chartered buses and the U-Haul for the equipment. 

lmao-how gettin some uber drivers!! talk about pinchin pennies!!!

You are saying that he may have told his younger players, "sorry guys we don't have room for you on this trip, you will be staying home for this one" That would be about the dumbest thing a coach could possibly do, especially if he wants any of them to come back out for the team next year. That's like saying, "Hey boys, thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears and for playing scout team all year, but this is a playoff game and we don't need you guys cause you can't help us anyway" c'mon man! That's ridiculous. Everyone of those kids that got left home would go play for Murvil, ha ha.

sounds like something Butch Jones wld do Edited by Runswithknife