Rd-2 Hampton Heading to AE....Turtle's RoadRunners

uknoit2

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle we may been running into each other for years, I remember bringing a GP team in 87 that had only been scored on once. Lost 7-3 but it took a back like Leroy Thompson to do it was you there. :mrgreen:

Leroy graduated in 86 And led AE to a state title(also a basketball title in 85).GB won the state in 87 and AE(they roomed right above us)was there also and lost but Leroy was at Penn State that year.

Turtle we may been running into each other for years, I remember bringing a GP team in 87 that had only been scored on once. Lost 7-3 but it took a back like Leroy Thompson to do it was you there. :mrgreen:

I remember those great Austin East teams coming and hammering on Marion County those years in the semis. One of the few teams that Marion has never beaten. Hopefully yall will get a chance to come down in a few weeks if we both keep winning.

I remember those great Austin East teams coming and hammering on Marion County those years in the semis. One of the few teams that Marion has never beaten. Hopefully yall will get a chance to come down in a few weeks if we both keep winning.

Yea, they came hammering in Carter Co too...Fishback is the cat I remember!

Leroy graduated in 86 And led AE to a state title(also a basketball title in 85).GB won the state in 87 and AE(they roomed right above us)was there also and lost but Leroy was at Penn State that year.

Dang sounds better if Leroy scored that TD, some roadrunner scored on us in 87 one of the best teams we had they find a way :mrgreen:

Speed vs Power. Ground and pound vs Air raid. I know what usually happens in these type games between these type teams, but AE is really good this season. I don't think Hampton is nearly as good as 2015. If Austin East wins a close one or Hampton wins then I believe we will see Marion in Cookeville for the third straight season.