Dobbuns Bent-It on tha warpath two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is pretty much hitting on all cylinders the last 3 games.....much different team than when they fist met DB.

Yep,but I still think it won't go past a 34 point  lead if GQ can help it.I don't think he wants to get beat by 35 or more either.In other words he is a nice guy .Now I might be wrong if Maryville is in that position Friday and he needs the work for the 1st and 2nds to be ready for bigger fish.When the backup scored at the end of that first game,I thought the response in the last minute and after the game by GC was a little  sour and that might make GQ a little more human in how this game ends,if once again Maryville is in that position.

Can't wait to see the rematch. Missed the 1st game. 

Greyrider.

I remember in 2010 Maryville had a 45-14 lead over Bearden in the 3rd quarter. Maryville subbed. Bearden left their starters in. #42 for Bearden cheap shot Austin Canfield the backup QB. He stood over him. Bearden fans were cheering while Canfield was on the ground. GQ was mad and put in the 1st string and punched another TD in.

Can't wait to see the rematch. Missed the 1st game.

Greyrider.

I remember in 2010 Maryville had a 45-14 lead over Bearden in the 3rd quarter. Maryville subbed. Bearden left their starters in. #42 for Bearden cheap shot Austin Canfield the backup QB. He stood over him. Bearden fans were cheering while Canfield was on the ground. GQ was mad and put in the 1st string and punched another TD in.

yep ,I love it when his little brother comes out and he smacks them in the mouth one more time. He does protect his young men that way.

We were not as bad as the score last year at Maryville, but our kids were nervous and let playing against Maryville get to their heads and they couldn't get anything done on offense or defense, and GQ backed off when they could score at will! Maryville has the best coaching staff in the State of Tennessee! I am looking forward to seeing if the Tribe can compete with Maryville with the mighty 27 in the game! I believe we can still score some points, but not sure we can stop Maryville from scoring!

I have seen GQ put the 1s back in a couple of times over the last 15 yrs. It's usually when the opposing coach doesn't get the fact that he has been given a gift and is still running his 1s when the game is well out of hand. I disagree with the under 35 thing.

that's what I was alluding to on how the first game ended.No it wouldn't surprise me if that didn't get under GQ's skin.I know it would have me.

that's what I was alluding to on how the first game ended.No it wouldn't surprise me if that didn't get under GQ's skin.I know it would have me.

Me too. But I don't see the old ball coach getting that opportunity this week. DB has a good team and some very good players. This game will come down to turnovers IMO.

Me too. But I don't see the old ball coach getting that opportunity this week. DB has a good team and some very good players. This game will come down to turnovers IMO.

Maryville is Maryville, and normally they just play a solid game, and eventually the weight of playing Maryville causes teams to make mistakes! DB has a chance, but it will take as few mistakes as possible, and they must play a solid game in hopes that Maryville will be the ones making mistakes!