Dobbuns Bent-It on tha warpath two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville's missing players will be back for this game so don't expect D-B to score no more than 14 points on the first team defense. Maryville is clicking right now and I expect a running clock in the second half. The only thing that will be exciting about this game will be halftime if your a D-B fan plus you'll get to go home early. D-B is a decent football team with a hard schedule and plays great at times but don't let no one BS you that this will be a Good game, 49-14 Maryville

You're sort of right, but here is how it likely plays out.....   DB will score at least 14 by halftime.     After that Maryville makes the adjustments and DB does not, 2nd half is all Maryville.      Word around the h2o cooler is that DB feels they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so instead of playing all Fulmer-conservatively they are going to throw the kitchen sink @ the Rebels.    4th down?  No problem, we're going for it or faking a punt.     I may remind you that at last year's game DB did a nice punt fake early on, went for > 20 yards if I remember right.       LB blitz, corner blitz, safety blitz, you name it and its coming at you.

We understand fully that this will not be a fun game to watch.  And those 14 points likely will not come until the Maryville 3rd string is in - this time.  And this BS about DB being out for revenge - total bunk.  That's why your visitor side will be a little on the lite side this time.  In fact, it may be one of the most poorly attended games in DB playoff history - which lately has been very limited anyway.  Mostly just parents of football players and their girlfriends and boyfriends there. A diehard fan or two. Ultimately this is where Maryville is going to falter.  Attendance will continue to drop on both the visitor and home side.  Why?  Because winning all the time is just not very entertaining, nor is getting beaten down all the time.  Don't be surprised if forfeits become the norm 1st and 2nd round - if T$$AA doesn't change things.  and schools like Maryville have the most to lose.

I do give Maryville credit for one thing.  They do not run up the score.  They could score 70 against DB Friday if they wanted to.  But they won't.  They do have class.

Maryville's missing players will be back for this game so don't expect D-B to score no more than 14 points on the first team defense. Maryville is clicking right now and I expect a running clock in the second half. The only thing that will be exciting about this game will be halftime if your a D-B fan plus you'll get to go home early. D-B is a decent football team with a hard schedule and plays great at times but don't let no one BS you that this will be a Good game, 49-14 Maryville

so your saying DB has a chance.I also know that it should be a different game but that's why you play them.Always go into a game with the thought of winning.What does bother me is when people in the position to influence the kids up here, tell them they will win for sure.I'd guarantee you the kids at Maryville wouldn't ever hear something that stupid.Fool me once,shame on you.Now,the kids know they have to play a great game and force a few breaks like turnovers.Yes,it can be done but Maryville isn't going to hand DB the game.Same thing with my Devils this week.On paper they win big,but the game is on turf..

D-B isn't a bad team by any means. They will actually be the right type team Maryville needs to take on right now and not some cupcake you get in the first round when they match a 1 with an 8 seed team. They are the type team that could pull off an upset if they played over their heads and Maryville looked past them but I don't expect that. Could you imagine the Cubs winning the series , Trump winning the election by surprise and D-B upsetting the Rebels and all that happened in a week and a half. If that happened you boy's wouldn't ever forget this week long as you lived. To me the only thing that ever matched this week was when we won the state in 98 and UT won the National Championship the same year also but that was a few weeks apart but that was 18 years ago.

We understand fully that this will not be a fun game to watch.  And those 14 points likely will not come until the Maryville 3rd string is in - this time.  And this BS about DB being out for revenge - total bunk.  That's why your visitor side will be a little on the lite side this time.  In fact, it may be one of the most poorly attended games in DB playoff history - which lately has been very limited anyway.  Mostly just parents of football players and their girlfriends and boyfriends there. A diehard fan or two. Ultimately this is where Maryville is going to falter.  Attendance will continue to drop on both the visitor and home side.  Why?  Because winning all the time is just not very entertaining, nor is getting beaten down all the time.  Don't be surprised if forfeits become the norm 1st and 2nd round - if T$$AA doesn't change things.  and schools like Maryville have the most to lose.

I do give Maryville credit for one thing.  They do not run up the score.  They could score 70 against DB Friday if they wanted to.  But they won't.  They do have class.

I understand your statement about the attendance and what all is happening to get us to this point. The greed of the T$$AA will eventually catch up and destroy the sport from over saturation just like college and the pros. They know how to fix it but refuse because they operate like the mafia and just want their money and they will leave you along. Unaka was the first team to finally stand up and forfeit a game and could have came close to happening at William Blount had another ten or twelve players refused to go to Oakland to get their brains beat out.