THE REMATCH HUNTINGDON @ NCS

footballover

There are some great places to eat....Daltons in Bellevue near Kroger on hwy 70...good meat and three. Publicity, in the same shopping center , with a bit more eclectic menu. Cancun is pretty good Mexican food. There is a fun little spot on Old Harding called City Limits which has soup, salads and very good sandwiches.  There is also great pizza (AND laser tag) at Pizza Perfect, next to to aforementioned City Limits :)

Where is the visible dropoff? Mario was fantastic in the open field, but no way was he a better pure tailback between the tackles than Leland. Bituli was a great back, but not near the quickness of Leland. Leland Willhoite will be the most known and talked about tailback in the history of NCS football. His yards after contact are something to behold. Then you still have 26, 2, and whoever lines up in the slot whether it be 3, 28 or 34.  There is really only one position that has not been filled from last season. It is as much a leadership thing as it is talent.

When you talk about last years team, dont forget that a lot of the players who got major playing time from last year have gained a lot of weight, speed and strength. 27, 28, 2, 42, 11, 26, 76, 78, 34, 23, 72. There are some players on this list who IMO were better last year than some who started. Im not saying we are better now, but if there is a falloff, its not big at all. This might be somewhat off topic, but I'll go ahead and put it out there; I predict next years NCS team will be it's best team in school history. 

PS  Leland is hands down a better defender than Mario. Plays a different position I know, but just a better, more valuable defensive player.

just wait for next Friday, you will change your mind on the better team

just wait for next Friday, you will change your mind on the better team

When you say "next Friday" I assume that you are disrespecting our worthy opponent for this week, Huntingdon, and are referring to Wayne County.  Maybe you should sit on their side.  Hey WC, are y'all interested in a disgruntled mom?

When you say "next Friday" I assume that you are disrespecting our worthy opponent for this week, Huntingdon, and are referring to Wayne County.  Maybe you should sit on their side.  Hey WC, are y'all interested in a disgruntled mom?

i will cheer for NCS, but we won't go all the way again this year. Tell your sister/wife I said hey

Carguy, no agenda. My son used to play for NCS and lost to Hundington in the semi. Play calling has been an issue at times for NCS. I don't know what you don't understand about that. If NCS doesn't turn the ball over, MTCS is beat by 3 TD and nobody talks about us being flat.

Well, all I can say is that perhaps you have just lost touch with how your former team plays. Win by 21???? Dude, that is FLAT for us. Our defence has no business giving up 21 to that team. They should have scored one time late against our second team. Play calling is always an issue. That's a given, but if you dont understand the impact that an SEC noseguard has on the field in 1A football, you arent a student of this game. Not, to mention our second best lineman and our best tail back.  Hey Huntingdon, do you think you have a better chance of winning with your two best lineman and tailback in the game? I know you do.  You say your son played against Huntingdon.  If he played defense, Im sure he remembers Warbritton. If Huntingdon didn't have that kid, they might have still won, but they wouldnt have been as good. Sorry man but 8 starters and three subs does not equal 11 starters with a MR Football semi finalist on the field.