SCOTTS HILL @ LEWIS CO RD 2

selectedgrain

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams have gotten better since the first meeting, which Scotts Hill won in a nail biter at home...flip home field and it should be a pick-em game. Lewis Co. is a big, quick, and senior laden team that's run and defense oriented and has a great coach, and those type teams always come on strong at the end of the season. Scotts Hill proved last week that with their A game they can play with anyone...can we bring that A game to the Panthers?

Love it how the first post says they owe this bunch one...we at the hill will take that lightly...we will come to Lewis county and lay it on the line . If LC beats us we will take it like men...all I can say is come on Friday night. lc is a big athletic team. Sure we will see some different wrinkles than before. SH will have to protect the ball better than last time to win . We are very proud of our team and if SH plays to their ability they have shown they can play with anyone. Expecting another hard fought battle.its playoff football and that's to be expected. May the best team win.Go Lions!

I was at the game the first time these two teams played. I left the game thinking that Scotts Holl was the better team but made too many mistakes and that led to the close final score. The Lions have to hold on to the ball. Lewis Co has athletes and good coaching that can definitely make you pay if you give them too many chances.

Lewis co had trouble stopping the SH passing game in the first meeting. When they tried to make adjustments the run game opened up for SH.

On the flip side Lewis had some early success passing the ball on short outs and screens I believe when most (including myself) were expecting a majority run oriented offense. Lewis had no success running right at Scott's Hill but did have success when the tried to get to the outside. I believe this was possible cause they have a few skill guys that can burn

Honestly I think Scotts Hill wins this one if the come to play and limit turnovers. But if the turnover bug hits and Lewis can find ways to get their skill guys in space and take advantage of the difference in speed it could be another close one. Just my two cents.....

Scotts Hill will have to brnig their A Game..LC is a very Dangerous team as is Scott's Hill...The first time we played each other The O.L. played well for S.H. If SH can run the ball the way they did the last time and NOT turn the ball over it will be another SH win. Total yards was around 500 to 200 last time.So Based on the Numbers SH moved the ball alot better than LC.  ..So SH's formula to winning this game...Playing Solid run Dfence by Containg the Perimeters &  TAKE CARE OF THE BALL ..I don't think LC wants to get in a Airing it out type game. Look for Coaching staff to get a few more play makers involved this week as last week ... I say SH wins on the road with another Solid effort from the Defense and a couple  of the play makers slipping through a seams and scoring some crucial TD's...The Difference I think is SH's Offense being Versatile this year..JMO 

Small town high school football at its best right here! It will be a great atmosphere in Hohenwald this Friday night. First matchup earlier this year I was sure of myself that Scotts Hill was the better team and would win in which they did . This time I'm not so sure. Its something about LC and Coach Sharp and playoffs and being at home that makes me think the Panthers pull this one out.