Regions Announced: 1A

BoardHater71

Has anyone noticed what appears to be a new Nashville school called Republic High School in Region 4? I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sissy Mountain Situation with the best 4a team playing in 1a. (with Sissy it was best 3a/4a team in 2a due to the Z plan.)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2015/01/22/nashville-charter-system-add-first-high-school/22176867/

I believe they will be in 1A for the next two years and then their enrollment will almost double to over 700 moving them into 2A the next two years.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed what appears to be a new Nashville school called Republic High School in Region 4? I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Sissy Mountain Situation with the best 4a team playing in 1a. (with Sissy it was best 3a/4a team in 2a due to the Z plan.)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2015/01/22/nashville-charter-system-add-first-high-school/22176867/

There is a new Nashville school in 4A as well called Nolensville High School.

OK...don't give me the everyone wants a ball speech...My question is this...How does the TSSAA split classes evenly and then get so off on regions and still have four for each region advance to play-offs. Single A has a region with four they all advance and then you have regions with anywhere from 5 to 8. Meaning you will have to win one game in the 5 team region and the 8 team region gets punished for location and has only half of them advance. It just blows my mind they can't do a better job splitting them up and making regions even. Don't give me the travel stuff either. If you make the play-offs week one as one of these schools in the 4 or 5 team regions, it will more than likely cost you money to be in the play-offs. Do other states deal with the same stuff?

OK...don't give me the everyone wants a ball speech...My question is this...How does the TSSAA split classes evenly and then get so off on regions and still have four for each region advance to play-offs. Single A has a region with four they all advance and then you have regions with anywhere from 5 to 8. Meaning you will have to win one game in the 5 team region and the 8 team region gets punished for location and has only half of them advance. It just blows my mind they can't do a better job splitting them up and making regions even. Don't give me the travel stuff either. If you make the play-offs week one as one of these schools in the 4 or 5 team regions, it will more than likely cost you money to be in the play-offs. Do other states deal with the same stuff?

Also that region in upper East Tn will have two of those teams that make the playoffs will both have losing records!One may even have 0 wins!