Regions Announced: 1A

BoardHater71

First of all Oakdale requested to go so they would make the playoffs every year. I guess Coalfield gets a by next year in the first round. This is a sad situation for east Tn. there should be 5 and 6 teams in these 2 regions. I'm sorry but Oakdale should have been made to stay in region 1 and Oliver Springs should be put there also since they are closer than Greenback.

+100

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver springs jellico Oakdale sunbright Harriman all requested to go to region 1

If that is the case then put them all in a hat and draw. GB will switch, lol! Heck send two of them up there. Is it just me or is it not a no brainer to have 5 teams in one and 6 teams in the other? Oh yeah.....TSSAA = stupidity. They'll lose money off of a great traveling GB fan base within a hour's drive for competitive matchups compared to traveling 2 to 3 hours for a mercy rule yuckfest. Sorry GB loves their boys just not that much! That will be movie night! Edited by ladykee

Guest hevyrevy1611

If there are appeals will they hold any weight? If regular people petitioned, wrote letters, made calls etc to TSSAA does that help? Who made decisions? Just one person or a group? What was the criteria used? Which of those criteria held most weight with decision maker(s) I wonder? (Or, why in the world did they decide to put teams where they did, for example in Reg 1 & 2? What? Why? Who?)

Feel bad for the Middleton Tigers. A team that's not a very good program, traveling at least an hour 30 to play Huntingdon and Bruceton, 2 hours to play McEwen I believe, maybe longer. An hour and 15-30 minutes to play Perry County and at least an hour drive to play Wayne County. I know they get unlucky geographically reasons, but they probably need to be in Region 8-1A. To make things worse, Middleton does not have a very good fan base, and probably lacks community support and funding for their football team. They got robbed a little bit. Would've been better off co-oping with Bolivar in football.

It's over an hour and a half from WC to Middleton and close to two hours from Middleton to Cwood

Guest hevyrevy1611

I like new Reg 7 for Dresden. Seven teams. Gonna have 6 regional games and 4 outside games. I suggest for non-region games we play our traditional rivals of Westview (3A), Union City (2A), Trenton-Peabody (2A), & McKenzie (2A). Talk about strength of schedule- dude! Plus it's not far away to travel, would be well attended games, and these tough, worthy teams would hone our Lions, making us better & better & ready for playoffs. (Provided of course we finish in top four. Ha!)

First of all Oakdale requested to go so they would make the playoffs every year. I guess Coalfield gets a by next year in the first round. This is a sad situation for east Tn. there should be 5 and 6 teams in these 2 regions. I'm sorry but Oakdale should have been made to stay in region 1 and Oliver Springs should be put there also since they are closer than Greenback.

Plus... it's now separated Greenback and Midway in all sports. The two schools have been in the same District and/or Region in athletics for 30+ years, basically since Blount Co. consolidated to form WB and Heritage.

Then basketball, baseball, softball being put in Region 1/District 2(total of 6 teams). What was R2(D3 & D4) is now District 3(w/ 9 teams) and what was District 5 is now the new District 4. Some say it looks good for some of our struggling programs the last few years but it strangles the financial side of it because of travel and quite possibly our gate also.

And then our poor girls soccer team's new district...travel, travel...besides the two closest(Tellico & Sweetwater) there's Bledsoe Co., Polk Co. and Sales Creek.

How hard would it have been for T$$AA to use the District/Region alignments from the last couple of years and tweak it a little here and a little there based on the new enrollment numbers? Oh wait, that's to easy. Surely the privates that left for DII wouldn't have shook up the alignments this darn crazy...

Edited by cherokean