Regions Announced: 1A

BoardHater71

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Oakdale requested to go so they would make the playoffs every year. I guess Coalfield gets a by next year in the first round. This is a sad situation for east Tn. there should be 5 and 6 teams in these 2 regions. I'm sorry but Oakdale should have been made to stay in region 1 and Oliver Springs should be put there also since they are closer than Greenback.

First of all Oakdale requested to go so they would make the playoffs every year. I guess Coalfield gets a by next year in the first round. This is a sad situation for east Tn. there should be 5 and 6 teams in these 2 regions. I'm sorry but Oakdale should have been made to stay in region 1 and Oliver Springs should be put there also since they are closer than Greenback.

Agree 100 percent

+1

This is an atrocity. Even these things out, they've already messed up travel by setting such a hard line on enrollment figures and now made it worse by messing with competitive spirit. Having regions with 4 or 5 teams is so lame. Ibaka automatically makes the playoffs now??? What are they thinking? Region 2 champ gets a bye in the first round for the next 4 years I guess.

Feel bad for the Middleton Tigers. A team that's not a very good program, traveling at least an hour 30 to play Huntingdon and Bruceton, 2 hours to play McEwen I believe, maybe longer. An hour and 15-30 minutes to play Perry County and at least an hour drive to play Wayne County. I know they get unlucky geographically reasons, but they probably need to be in Region 8-1A. To make things worse, Middleton does not have a very good fan base, and probably lacks community support and funding for their football team. They got robbed a little bit. Would've been better off co-oping with Bolivar in football.