Round 3: Waverly vs Scotts Hill

PrimeXTime44

One of us will have a long haul after next week!

Really long for you guys...not so much for us. Probably take us as long to get to Waverly as to Memphis, but nobody here minds at all! I may be a little different from most, but I enjoy visiting school's facilities all over...been a "fan" for a looong time and there's not many that I've not been to within 100 miles or so from here.

No offense intended, but the Lions are gonna' do their best to save y'all the trouble. I look forward to it...we didn't play well at all in our first meeting, and though I know that we're the underdog in this one, I think that we'll be ready for you. If the Lions play well, I'll be happy win or lose...just don't want the "what if" feeling to come with a loss.

Lot's of respect for Waverly...the kids play football the right way, and the fan's support them...also glad to be in the same region going forward, and sorry to see Lewis Co. in a different one...playing the both of your schools have made the Lions better. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope waverly comes in on cruise control. Hardly no one thinks these Lions have a chance . But I have complete confidence in the Lions going to waverly and taking home a ticket to go to Memphis for the next round. These boys are playing some football especially on the d . If these boys play d like they have the last two weeks...look for the offense to find a seam in the fourth quarter and the lions sneak out of waverly with a Huge ticket punched...#believe

What an opportunity for the SH Lions ...nothing to lose and everything to gain..no pressure for them . An offense with weapons . Coaching staff as good as there is and a defense that people are stratching their heads about...this team is playing at a higher level than anytime in their young history! This team has made lots of noise and they may not be done...if we get beat we will tip our hats and congratulate waverly...I love being in this position...a win puts SCOTT 's Hill in the semis....think about that a minute!!!!!! Say it again....Scott's hill in the semis....man I really like the sound of that...by the way...I am relating the 40-0 loss to the nation of Israel walking through the wilderness for 40 years...pressing on towards the mark!!

We know we got our hands FULL...

The earlier margin poses problems for both teams...can the Lions come in confident that they can get the job done? Can the Tigers take this game seriously after cruising last time?

Not going to underplay this...Scotts Hill will be ready to rumble Friday night...They went to Adamsville confident that they were going to take care of business and they did, then went to Lewis County and wore down a talented and determined team to pull away in the 4th. Scotts Hill will be ready.

I fully expect Waverly to be fired up as well, and wouldn't want it any other way...full tilt, one teams best against the others best...this time it's winner take all.

These kids believe in their coaches and in each other, and they've come farther than most gave them any chance to, but they don't think that they're done yet. Lot's of these same kids have experience to draw from...finished 4th in district in baseball, then went to regionals and finished 2nd...when the spotlight was brightest, they took out the #1 ranked team twice in two days, then took down the defending state champs to win it all.

I'm not here to predict a win...just letting everyone know not to count on them losing when it matters most, they don't know how.

Really long for you guys...not so much for us. Probably take us as long to get to Waverly as to Memphis, but nobody here minds at all! I may be a little different from most, but I enjoy visiting school's facilities all over...been a "fan" for a looong time and there's not many that I've not been to within 100 miles or so from here.

No offense intended, but the Lions are gonna' do their best to save y'all the trouble. I look forward to it...we didn't play well at all in our first meeting, and though I know that we're the underdog in this one, I think that we'll be ready for you. If the Lions play well, I'll be happy win or lose...just don't want the "what if" feeling to come with a loss.

Lot's of respect for Waverly...the kids play football the right way, and the fan's support them...also glad to be in the same region going forward, and sorry to see Lewis Co. in a different one...playing the both of your schools have made the Lions better. 

No need to save us the trouble I dont mind the travel!   ^_^

The earlier margin poses problems for both teams...can the Lions come in confident that they can get the job done? Can the Tigers take this game seriously after cruising last time?

Not going to underplay this...Scotts Hill will be ready to rumble Friday night...They went to Adamsville confident that they were going to take care of business and they did, then went to Lewis County and wore down a talented and determined team to pull away in the 4th. Scotts Hill will be ready.

I fully expect Waverly to be fired up as well, and wouldn't want it any other way...full tilt, one teams best against the others best...this time it's winner take all.

These kids believe in their coaches and in each other, and they've come farther than most gave them any chance to, but they don't think that they're done yet. Lot's of these same kids have experience to draw from...finished 4th in district in baseball, then went to regionals and finished 2nd...when the spotlight was brightest, they took out the #1 ranked team twice in two days, then took down the defending state champs to win it all.

I'm not here to predict a win...just letting everyone know not to count on them losing when it matters most, they don't know how.

You guys should know that waverly isnt going to take this game lightly I promise you that! They will be focused so I hope SH brings it, Waverly will be knocking snott come Friday!