Round 3 Marion County vs. Forrest

Astimeexpires01

Forrest best defense will be our offense. Everyone knows our bread and butter is power running football. It's worked pretty well 11 games so far. Need sustainable drives to keep it away from Marion. Forrest is much more physical than your previous playoff opponents. Maybe we can give the almighty Marion a decent game.

Forrest had a good team last year and if they're better this year they may give us fits. We just hope to show up and play to the best of our abilities.

So prior to tonight Meigs fans were saying we want Marion again. It won't be like the first time, we've improved. They lose, and now say Marion as bad as they want versus team that just beat you? Makes sense. 😂

Sure Meigs wanted another crack at Marion....I mean they were taken to the woodshed 2 years in a row!

Not that as a Meigs fan I thought they'd have a shot at beating Marion but, maybe just tighten the score a bit more.

So Meigs lost .....still the kids made a good run!

Sure I think Marion will do what they do and proceed to the semifinals with ease.

Being from the same region it seems fitting to support them.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Sure Meigs wanted another crack at Marion....I mean they were taken to the woodshed 2 years in a row!

Not that as a Meigs fan I thought they'd have a shot at beating Marion but, maybe just tighten the score a bit more.

So Meigs lost .....still the kids made a good run!

Sure I think Marion will do what they do and proceed to the semifinals with ease.

Being from the same region it seems fitting to support them.

Makes perfect sense to me.

+1

When your Marion everyone wants a shot at you as they are what all other programs strive to be. Let's not forget MC has knocked Forrest out of the playoffs at our home field twice in the past years. 09 MC won on a halfback pass 20-17 and last year 38-10.

Edited by ClassPrideTradition97

Forrest best defense will be our offense. Everyone knows our bread and butter is power running football. It's worked pretty well 11 games so far. Need sustainable drives to keep it away from Marion. Forrest is much more physical than your previous playoff opponents. Maybe we can give the almighty Marion a decent game.

Is physical another word for slow?? lol....jk. This game will shape up the same as last year. Forrest will not have a lot of success running the ball against this warrior defense, so hopefully your qb can throw better than last year.

I understand totally that anything can happen in the playoffs. It isnt our style to pass either, but we showed last night we can if the defense stacks the box. I think it will be a good game next week and if we put it on the ground several times like we did yesterday we may be in trouble. Last year was a good game until a couple of special teams backbreakers. This year that philosophy isnt the same so that is +1 for you guys. Did yalls dc take over as head coach?

Take it how you like Truth. You won't have to worry about us throwing the ball it's just not our style. Last years game Forrest could not get off the field on 3rd down. Had Marion 3rd and 6+ several times. I understand your planning on the Marion vs AE game but, don't forget anything can happen in the playoffs.

Believe me us MC fellers is not overlooking this one! This will be a better game than last year. These boys and coaches are focused, one game at a time. No one is looking past Forrest, we don't work that way down here! IF we win we go back to work, if we loose we play round ball just like everyone else in  the state.