Franklin (10-2) at Whitehaven (12-0) - 6A Quarterfinal

kwc

I know there is a lot of ball left to play including my Blaze up at Maryville. I am just amazed that Oakland has had 11 out of 12 games mercy ruled and haven't played their starters past 3rd qtr for the most part. That combined with outscoring their opponents 597 (600) to 54.... I know any given friday any given team can be beat. I saw it all the time watching Permian Panthers play in the 80-90's

How many times has Oakland played against Maryville since the TSSAA created a 6A classification? Three, four, five times? Out of all of those opportunities, how many times have they beat Maryville?

When and IF Oakland actually beats them, then I will believe they are capable. Until then, I won't. I think Maryville will win whenever they play because Oakland has proven in the past that they are incapable of beating them. I think it's in their heads that they can't beat Maryville. I think it starts with the coaches and it trickles down to the players. I think all of East TN thinks that way. Every team in East TN in 6A have lost the game in their minds before they even hit the field against Maryville.

I will believe it when I see it. Not until then, no matter how many teams that Oakland may mercy rules in the process. When has Oakland ever gave us anything to believe otherwise?

However. It's the quarter-finals, and there are games to be played.

Edited by kwc

Enough of this Oakland talk, especially since it's a 90% chance Maryville represents the East bracket. Can Franklin slow down our backfield and matchup on the outsides? Franklin has some monsters on the Oline but what is their Dline looking like? I have all the confidence in our defense this year and all Klyan needs is a small crease and it's off to the races.

Enough of this Oakland talk, especially since it's a 90% chance Maryville represents the East bracket. Can Franklin slow down our backfield and matchup on the outsides? Franklin has some monsters on the Oline but what is their Dline looking like? I have all the confidence in our defense this year and all Klyan needs is a small crease and it's off to the races.

I concur

Lol...Wow I guess Cordova isn't good at all huh?  

Poet21, you took that all wrong my friend. He's pulling for The Haven in this particular game over Franklin. Now, if he would have made that declaration over in the Ravenwood vs Cordova thread ... then I could see you having an issue with that statement. Now the part about The Haven being the best team that Collierville faced didn't mean that Cordva isn't good.

Edited by kwc

Franklin will be well prepared ...you can count on that. They are a well coached team with players who believe and play as a team. They will not beat themselves.

Ditto for Whitehaven. It's the quarter-finals, of course they are well prepared, play as a team, and all of the other stuff that goes with it. There isn't a team left that isn't. That's a given. There is no one team that has a monopoly on those attributes. 

Now that we got that out the way. I take it you are pulling for Franklin. You wanna talk football and what not or just make that declarative statement that applies to all of the teams still playing in the playoffs?

Edited by kwc

From the few clips I've seen so far Franklin's QB looks like a feisty little bugger (with apologies to our folks across the Pond in the UK lol) . If the defense can rattle that kid it could be a long bus ride back to Wilson Co.

On the flip side IF Lil Harris #3 or Big Mosby #8 plays an unsteady game (I am saying either one because they have both been getting reps lately) we will struggle mightily to WIN. I won't lie and say I don't mind seeing a Harris at QB for Whitehaven it's almost like a birthright for them :mrgreen:  BUT Lil Harris is barely 5'10" (if that?) with a massive Oline in front of him, but he seems to make solid decisions with the football. Big Mosby is the better physical option but he doesn't have the needed supreme confidence to be Whitehaven's QB as he should because he's not a bad Playmaker! All in All we have to have a solid game out of one or BOTH in order to get to 28 points and hope to be playing on Black Friday vs our fellow Memphis/Shelby Metro foe, Da Dova.   :popcorneater:

Ditto for Whitehaven. It's the quarter-finals, of course they are well prepared, play as a team, and all of that that goes with it. There isn't a team left that isn't. That's a given. There is no one team that has a monopoly on those attributes. 

Now that we got that out the way. I take it you are pulling for Franklin. You wanna talk football and what not or just make that declarative statement that applies to all of the teams still playing in the playoffs?

You are so civil bruh LOL