2016 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Finalists (1A and 2A)

kwc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trezvant kid has a total of around 700 yards total offense yards. 

Cordarrian Richardson's numbers through the regular season:

174 carries,  1229 yards,  7.1 ypc,  5 TD

He is ranked 9th in all of Shelby County according to the Shelby County Sportsblog Web Page's 'Updated individual stats through 11-4-16' web page.

Now, those numbers aren't anywhere near 3500. I don't know who does the voting for the awards, but it's apparent that they also take other things into consideration when voting. However, it has all of the appearance of a 'Popularity Contest' just from a numbers perspective. 

Is he the best RB in 2A, YES ... know doubt. Do his numbers reflect that? No, definitely not. His coaches weren't concerned with numbers with him this year, because, if they wanted to, they could have stacked his stats this year and last year. They didn't on purpose. 

I'm not saying he should win the award just because he is the best back in 2A, regardless of his numbers. It is what it is. I'm sure all of the factors are considered when they make the vote. It's why so many feel the award is a sham. It's understandable.

They got it right ... but a lot of folk are going to hate it.

Edited by kwc

Cordarrian Richardson's numbers through the regular season:

174 carries, 1229 yards, 7.1 ypc, 5 TD

He is ranked 9th in all of Shelby County according to the Shelby County Sportsblog Web Page's 'Updated individual stats through 11-4-16' web page.

Now, those numbers aren't anywhere near 3500. I don't know who does the voting for the awards, but it's apparent that they also take other things into consideration when voting. However, it has all of the appearance of a 'Popularity Contest' just from a numbers perspective.

Is he the best RB in 2A, YES ... know doubt. Do his numbers reflect that? No, definitely not. His coaches weren't concerned with numbers with him this year, because, if they wanted to, they could have stacked his stats this year and last year. They didn't on purpose.

I'm not saying he should win the award just because he is the best back in 2A, regardless of his numbers. It is what it is. I'm sure all of the factors are considered when they make the vote. It's why so many feel the award is a sham. It's understandable.

absolutely it's a sham and that's my point. I am not saying Richardson is not a great back. Because is one of the best I have ever seen. But even with 1229 yards to me does. It cut it be a finalist. The award is not for potential. It is what was produced this year. I understand saving him. He has biggger and better things to come.

Other factors are taken into consideration besides stats.  This isn't a knock on anyone that didn't get nominated or those that did but don't win.

I think the winners have already been decided on but I don't know that for sure.

At least this isn't the Arthur Ashe courage award where a 67 year old man by the name of Catilyn Jenner can win.

Other factors are taken into consideration besides stats.  This isn't a knock on anyone that didn't get nominated or those that did but don't win.

I think the winners have already been decided on but I don't know that for sure.

At least this isn't the Arthur Ashe courage award where a 67 year old man by the name of Catilyn Jenner can win.

Heres my guess, Silvey and Rice 1a. Kirkendoll and Harper 2a.