Oakland vs. Maryville

GoPats2019

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes Oakland appear to be on a different level? Yall know Maryville hasn't lost to a Rutherford Co. Team ever, right? 10-0

I wouldn't say that Oakland is "on a different level." I think this will be a close game. At the same time, however, I don't see how Maryville's past success against Rutherford Co. schools has a whole lot to do with this game on Friday night. This is a different season and these are different teams. The only difference I could see that making is if it somehow intimidates Oakland that Maryville has been so dominant against Rutherford Co. These are 2 extremely well-coached teams and I don't see either being intimidated by the other in the slightest

I wouldn't say that Oakland is "on a different level." I think this will be a close game. At the same time, however, I don't see how Maryville's past success against Rutherford Co. schools has a whole lot to do with this game on Friday night. This is a different season and these are different teams. The only difference I could see that making is if it somehow intimidates Oakland that Maryville has been so dominant against Rutherford Co. These are 2 extremely well-coached teams and I don't see either being intimidated by the other in the slightest

I am saying GQ has everyone on that side of the state's number that's why it matters

Quarles-1-300x200.jpg

I have never seen Oakland play, but I have seen Maryville play plenty of times and every game is basically the same. Maryville jumps out to a huge lead, then calls the dogs off and the opponent scores some late garbage time touchdowns. Even if by chance Maryville happens to get down early like Fulton this year, they never lose composure and just keep playing like they know they are going to win. I've never seen a team more consistent than the Maryville rebels

piggyback off what you said, this game would been a classic with Maryville last years team or the '14 rebs team against this year Oakland team. This year this game is fools gold - living off Maryville reputation and mystique. If neither team had a name label, plain uni and u watch both, then this game wouldn't have all that hype build up. 1 team is on a different level. I'm not going to say too much cause i know the rebels fans really have their hearts set on a Maryville win. But this game going to get ugly - out of hand, and the rebels fans will learn that you can't live off reputation. Maryville success in the past were different players, different teams, this is a whole different team playing today.

keep predicting they way you do and eventually you will get one right! Imo this team is as good as last years team minus Brock. More weapons on this years team just young. Last years team was good enough to beat Oakland by 2 touchdowns or close to it? Players may change from year to year but GQ is still the coach.

I have never seen Oakland play, but I have seen Maryville play plenty of times and every game is basically the same. Maryville jumps out to a huge lead, then calls the dogs off and the opponent scores some late garbage time touchdowns. Even if by chance Maryville happens to get down early like Fulton this year, they never lose composure and just keep playing like they know they are going to win. I've never seen a team more consistent than the Maryville rebels

It's literally like a machine. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A Special Defense and a Real special (meaning roadrunner fast) skill player or two in order to beat them. #23 from Ravenwood, Mark Dodson for us and Julian Burton for White Station... If Oakland doesn't have an EXPLOSIVE Athlete like these three gentlemen I highly doubt they win.

was GQ still the coach when Maryville was clearly last year 3td's better than Ravenwood. That Ravenwood team isn't in the same ball park as Oakland. Like i said keep living off Maryville past reputation. De la salle I'm sure that's not how u spell it went unbeaten for 15yrs straight, what does their past success has to do with them losing today to much better teams. I'm sure they still have the same head coach, teams finally caught up with them. And i will slightly give the offensive edge to Maryville. But Oakland in a whole different ball park on defense

Does Oakland have a running back playing nose guard?