Oakland vs. Maryville

GoPats2019

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has lost to Rutherford Co. (Smyrna 1994)

Oakland's defense is what puts them on a different level....they just don't let teams score on them and if you can't score then you can't win.  Best defense in Rutherford Co. since mid 90's Riverdale

That was in 1995 after we (Maryville) blasted Smyrna in the regular season, but Smyrna won the rematch in the 2nd round ten again in 1996 regular season which the last year Maryville didn't make the playoffs. So technically we are 11-2 against Rutherford county, if not for the rash of injuries to the 95 squad in the playoffs they would be 12-1. 

stars u know your my favorite, but, i usually give the underdogs the blueprint, so, here u go tell Quarles to keep the ball away from Oakland or we might have a running clock.

I'll bet a year salary nobody ever puts GQ on a running clock. For you even to sleep on Maryville this much shows your lack of football IQ.

That was in 1995 after we (Maryville) blasted Smyrna in the regular season, but Smyrna won the rematch in the 2nd round ten again in 1996 regular season which the last year Maryville didn't make the playoffs. So technically we are 11-2 against Rutherford county, if not for the rash of injuries to the 95 squad in the playoffs they would be 12-1. 

If you're going to play the injury card, Siegel might have won in 2012 had Stockstill not been playing with a torn ACL. 

was GQ still the coach when Maryville was clearly last year 3td's better than Ravenwood. That Ravenwood team isn't in the same ball park as Oakland. Like i said keep living off Maryville past reputation. De la salle I'm sure that's not how u spell it went unbeaten for 15yrs straight, what does their past success has to do with them losing today to much better teams. I'm sure they still have the same head coach, teams finally caught up with them. And i will slightly give the offensive edge to Maryville. But Oakland in a whole different ball park on defense

GQ is. Don't see where you get the Rebels by 3 TDs when the got beat by nearly 2 TDs. Believe your the one that keeps living in the past bringing up how past teams compare to this years Oakland or how the would match up. This years Rebel team had injurys early. Over the last month or so they have been playing great football and so has Oakland. Should be an exciting game. If it gets ugly it gets ugly!