Oakland vs. Maryville

GoPats2019

Quarles would have his record no matter where he was at. Man is probably the BEST HS Coach in the state that has put together a truly quality staff. He does not win with stars, he wins with TEAMS!

Until a team from Rutherford County actually beats him, not many sane folks will bet against him. Last years Williamson County win was a fluke game. Same for the Memphis game a couple of years before.

never said he was a bad coach he is definitely top 5 ever in state but look who he has been playing.. I will guarantee you if he was playing in Ruco or Wilco 6A or D2AA he wouldn't only have 15 losses. Explain how the ravenwood loss was a fluke? I was at that game and Maryville just got it handed to them from the start there was no fluke about that

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarles would have his record no matter where he was at.  Man is probably the BEST HS Coach in the state that has put together a truly quality staff.  He does not win with stars, he wins with TEAMS!

Until a team from Rutherford County actually beats him, not many sane folks will bet against him.  Last years Williamson County win was a fluke game.  Same for the Memphis game a couple of years before.

I agree with everything you said, but last years game. I thought Ravenwood was the better team last year. JMO.

never said he was a bad coach he is definitely top 5 ever in state but look who he has been playing.. I will guarantee you if he was playing in Ruco or Wilco 6A or D2AA he wouldn't only have 15 losses. Explain how the ravenwood loss was a fluke? I was at that game and Maryville just got it handed to them from the start there was no fluke about that

When it was near the end of the game Ravenwood was about finished stamina wise.  Maryville was still going strong and running in fresh replacements.  Ravenwood was NOT that deep.

Maryville like the OLD Rankin R'dale teams play kids that KNOW the system or they do not hit the field.  That applies to not only the first string, but all down the line.  In the 2004 R'dale case that was 6 complete O-lines and 4 separate D-Lines.

Maryville is like that also...........................

When it was near the end of the game Ravenwood was about finished stamina wise.  Maryville was still going strong and running in fresh replacements.  Ravenwood was NOT that deep.

Maryville like the OLD Rankin R'dale teams play kids that KNOW the system or they do not hit the field.  That applies to not only the first string, but all down the line.  In the 2004 R'dale case that was 6 complete O-lines and 4 separate D-Lines.

Maryville is like that also...........................

Riverdale was loaded in those days. I guess GR saw the writing on the wall and got ghost when he realized the talent level would be going down, and decided to head East to the gold mine for talent that is Alcoa, TN. I know Oakland has been uber talented the past few years, but it'd be hard pressed for me to say they have more talent then those Riverdale squads did back then. Scary talent.

Edited by SweetScience

I believe had Kelby Brock not had a sprained ankle in that game Maryville could have won the game. Maryville had a sophomore qb which did a great job last year but if you looked at his high light film it would be very hard to determine if that was Hopkins or Brock' s high light film. Brock was the qb's go to man. With his ankle hurt he was ineffective period. Brock holds every pass receiving record in the book at Maryville and then all the sudden your most valuable player is hurt. I bet I got a hundred text and calls asking me where he was at the first half of that game last year.

I believe had Kelby Brock not had a sprained ankle in that game Maryville could have won the game. Maryville had a sophomore qb which did a great job last year but if you looked at his high light film it would be very hard to determine if that was Hopkins or Brock' s high light film. Brock was the qb's go to man. With his ankle hurt he was ineffective period. Brock holds every pass receiving record in the book at Maryville and then all the sudden your most valuable player is hurt. I bet I got a hundred text and calls asking me where he was at the first half of that game last year.

Him being out definitely made a difference, no doubt about it. Not taking anything away from Ravenwood though. They were darn good. That RB was fun to watch.

Edited by SweetScience

Quarles wouldn't have the record he does if he played in any other region especially middle TN

Your 100% right . had he been at Oakland or Blackman he would most likely be undefeated. 265-0. One thing you have to remember that he lost three games his first year and four the second year and eight since then. Do you realize he was 10-7 in his first seventeen games at Maryville and has been 240-8 in the rest since.  Before he came there Maryville was in a class lower and they now play the highest class of all so what else can you ask for.

Your 100% right . had he been at Oakland or Blackman he would most likely be undefeated. 265-0. One thing you have to remember that he lost three games his first year and four the second year and eight since then. Do you realize he was 10-7 in his first seventeen games at Maryville and has been 240-8 in the rest since.  Before he came there Maryville was in a class lower and they now play the highest class of all so what else can you ask for.

You are right Barn. GQ could take those teams in RuCo that are loaded with D1 stud athletes and beat any team in the county imo.

You are right Barn. GQ could take those teams in RuCo that are loaded with D1 stud athletes and beat any team in the county imo.

Why do people act like maryville doesn't have D1 talent? In the 15 years maryville has been to the state title they've had 20 D1 players come through the program (I might be off by a few individuals). And they've also had numerous Mr. Football winners and nominees, almost one per year. How many other programs in the state can make the same claim?

Why do people act like maryville doesn't have D1 talent? In the 15 years maryville has been to the state title they've had 20 D1 players come through the program (I might be off by a few individuals). And they've also had numerous Mr. Football winners and nominees, almost one per year. How many other programs in the state can make the same claim?

I was about to say the same. Lol Maryville sure isn't void of talent by any means. Maybe not as much as Oakland, but I don't think it's as big of a disparity as people like to claim.