Oakland vs. Maryville

GoPats2019

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people act like maryville doesn't have D1 talent? In the 15 years maryville has been to the state title they've had 20 D1 players come through the program (I might be off by a few individuals). And they've also had numerous Mr. Football winners and nominees, almost one per year. How many other programs in the state can make the same claim?

I never said we didn't have talent.

Why do people act like maryville doesn't have D1 talent? In the 15 years maryville has been to the state title they've had 20 D1 players come through the program (I might be off by a few individuals). And they've also had numerous Mr. Football winners and nominees, almost one per year. How many other programs in the state can make the same claim?

This is the mistake I made until I saw Robinette

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Stewart-Auburn, Robinette-Vanderbilt, Douglas-Tennessee and Alabama, Burnett-Colorado briefly, Jackson -Stanford, Thompson-South Carolina briefly. Care to name me those other fourteen and I'm not talking about any of the military academy's.

Stewart-Auburn, Robinette-Vanderbilt, Douglas-Tennessee and Alabama, Burnett-Colorado briefly, Jackson -Stanford, Thompson-South Carolina briefly. Care to name me those other fourteen and I'm not talking about any of the military academy's.

Maples originally signed with UT, Guillermo, Blackmon will more than likely end up signing with a D1 school. The Military Academy's are D1 schools Barn so they count, too. 

Edited by SweetScience

You know what's funny about that whole situation is that Douglas, Burnett and Jackson's families moved here from Knoxville because they wanted exposure for their kids and not get stuck on a losing team over there no one would see. Gullermo's family was transfered here but Coach Brooks at Clemson who was recruiting Jay told them to send jay to Maryville. Robinette's dad was a principal out at Heritage Middle and they let him go over sending his kid to Maryville because he didn't want him in that mess out there. Only Stewart and  Thompson were original Maryville players.