Waverly vs Trezevant

vandyfan1

I think it will be close. It is a hard nosed defense lead by 9 seniors. And I think all the turmoil this year will affect this Trez team. But one advantage is playing at home. Y'all have to get all the folks out for this game. Get it bouncing Memphis style

Edited by BigEdMo

TCA that is saying a lot coming from you because you have seen Trez. You really think Waverly can keep it close.

Willie I'm not taking anything from you guys you have a great ball team, you have proved it but a lot of the film I watched it showed lots of arm tackling and boys scared it hit. I believe in waverly and I know how much pride they play with and how much those young men love this game and each other. You will be playing a team that hits HARD and I mean HARD they are very very well coached and very disciplined! Good luck to you guys and I hope to see a very good game. We won't be push overs.

The scared to hit and arm tackling was from other teams you guys were playing so don't take that the wrong way

I will say this. My son practiced everyday against Goldsmith last year. He played against Chase Hayden from St George the last 2 years. He tackled Richardson last year for a 1 yard loss. He said it was like hitting a tree. The reason you see the arm tackles is because after hitting him a couple times I think it turns into self preservation. Not saying you guys can't stick him but it will take its toll through a whole game. Edited by BigEdMo

The scared to hit and arm tackling was from other teams you guys were playing so don't take that the wrong way

I don't think it will be a pushover it will be something along the lines of the Marion game i believe. Waverly defense will play great 52 of 60 plays but those other 8 will be big plays or touchdowns. I know its easy to look at the boys on the field and judge their hearts  and intestinal fortitude's but trying to tackle Richardson play after play will be something they will have to decide if they want to do. He will bring it every play and once you key on him Sammie Swing will kill you. If you stop them two here comes Tijuan Mason. You might stop them three then here comes Joshua Reed. Remember those names because everyone thinks its just Big Baby but its not. Then don't forget Trezevant will fake the run and hit one of those speedy receivers streaking behind the defense who will be keying on the run.

Edited by willie2888

I will say this. My son practiced everyday against Goldsmith last year. He played against Chase Hayden from St George the last 2 years. He tackled Richardson last year for a 1 yard loss. He said it was like hitting a tree. The reason you see the arm tackles is because after hitting him a couple times I think it turns into self preservation. Not saying you guys can't stick him but it will take its toll through a whole game.

That's what I was just saying. Its easy for us in the stands to want the kids to do something but they will have to decide if they want to keep putting that helmet in there. Richardson is like something they have never seen before unless they have played a top 5 back in the COUNTRY.

I don't think anyone in west Tennessee rural or Memphis would dispute how good Trezevant is top to bottom...and we know they can play with just about anyone if 5 didn't play. But he does and all I'm saying is its deep in the playoffs and the going will get a little tough sooner or later and when it does you have that monster to feed

Edited by DwightKSchrute