Waverly vs Trezevant

vandyfan1

Whitehaven and Wayne Co. are not the same level and I respect Coach Rice probably more than any coach in Tennessee. You are being warned about what is going to happen on Friday. Waverly has had an excellent season but what they will see Friday night is a total different animal. Now that's why you play the game, but Waverly asks like their team is unstoppable which is not true and that you have been tested like Reesevant which is not true.

I can understand that and you might be right but we have earned the right to "think" we can hang with the BIG DOGS and until we cant I'm going to keep on posting! I have had nothing but respect for all the programs we have played and I have even talked a little smack just to get some talk going. Let me say I speak for the entire Waverly program when I say we have nothing but respect for every team we face. You will always have some silly retards posting crazy crap. With that said I'm speaking for myself when I say I truely believe that we can hang with Trez because of the players, coaching staff, and Pride that we have. our offense is very young with most of them being sophmores and and our D is packed with seniors. We scrimmage some very good teams also with one of them being wayne county. I respect your comment but I promise you waverly will bring it man and if you havent seen us play you shouldnt say otherwise! If we can stop the run we have a chance.

Wayne Co is NOT Whitehaven. Fixing to get a lesson in sex.

Whitehaven and Wayne Co. are not the same level and I respect Coach Rice probably more than any coach in Tennessee. You are being warned about what is going to happen on Friday. Waverly has had an excellent season but what they will see Friday night is a total different animal. Now that's why you play the game, but Waverly asks like their team is unstoppable which is not true and that you have been tested like Reesevant which is not true.

I was not comparing the two I was just simply saying that we scrimmage a good team also and if I come across like we cant be beat then thats not what Im trying to do. I know the game and I know what we face come friday. I think we have a chance, whats wrong with that?

I will say this. Waverly may get it handed to them this Friday but it won't be from laying down. We prob are outmatched when it comes to pure athleticism but when it comes to heart we won't be outmatched. Several posters on here in th Waverly bashing section would not be on this Waverly team for lack of heart. A lot would roll over and be beat before they hit th field.

I can understand that and you might be right but we have earned the right to "think" we can hang with the BIG DOGS and until we cant I'm going to keep on posting! I have had nothing but respect for all the programs we have played and I have even talked a little smack just to get some talk going. Let me say I speak for the entire Waverly program when I say we have nothing but respect for every team we face. You will always have some silly retards posting crazy crap. With that said I'm speaking for myself when I say I truely believe that we can hang with Trez because of the players, coaching staff, and Pride that we have. our offense is very young with most of them being sophmores and and our D is packed with seniors. We scrimmage some very good teams also with one of them being wayne county. I respect your comment but I promise you waverly will bring it man and if you havent seen us play you shouldnt say otherwise! If we can stop the run we have a chance.

I don't understand what some of these guys want from you vandyfan1...like you're supposed to come on here and say that you hope Trez don't put up a hundred? Waverly is solid, and I've said all season that they don't have weak spots. Some teams are better than others because they have better players, and some teams are better because they play as a team and believe in each other and their coaches. I posted last week that Scotts Hill was coming to Waverly intending to beat your Tigers, and they kept that belief until the last second ticked away. Anyone who doesn't understand that way of thinking is missing out on the best part of being a fan.

Waverly needs to get on that bus with the intent of going to Memphis and sending the Bears home, and you need to continue to believe that it will happen...nobody accomplishes anything in this life without effort, and the effort won't be full tilt without the confidence that you'll succeed.

I don't understand what some of these guys want from you vandyfan1...like you're supposed to come on here and say that you hope Trez don't put up a hundred? Waverly is solid, and I've said all season that they don't have weak spots. Some teams are better than others because they have better players, and some teams are better because they play as a team and believe in each other and their coaches. I posted last week that Scotts Hill was coming to Waverly intending to beat your Tigers, and they kept that belief until the last second ticked away. Anyone who doesn't understand that way of thinking is missing out on the best part of being a fan.

Waverly needs to get on that bus with the intent of going to Memphis and sending the Bears home, and you need to continue to believe that it will happen...nobody accomplishes anything in this life without effort, and the effort won't be full tilt without the confidence that you'll succeed.

thank you trader. That's exactly how I feel!

I don't understand what some of these guys want from you vandyfan1...like you're supposed to come on here and say that you hope Trez don't put up a hundred? Waverly is solid, and I've said all season that they don't have weak spots. Some teams are better than others because they have better players, and some teams are better because they play as a team and believe in each other and their coaches. I posted last week that Scotts Hill was coming to Waverly intending to beat your Tigers, and they kept that belief until the last second ticked away. Anyone who doesn't understand that way of thinking is missing out on the best part of being a fan.

At least someone understands where I'm coming from! Thanks tradertwo

That's the spirit!!!

That quote from Willie speaks volumes. Vandyfan1, that is what you are suppose to believe about your team!

If you read my post and thought that I was implying that Waverly doesn't have a shot, then I miscommunicated. My interjection was to raise two points. 1) the film you saw probably didn't do Cordarrian any justice. 2) The non-region portion of Trezevant's schedule is why they perform so well in the post season. My post was never intended to insinuate that Waverly has no shot. By all means, continue to wave the Waverly flag!

Edited by kwc

I don't see Waverly holding this Trezevant team under 35 points. You will need to outscore them if you plan on winning. The matchups across the board favor Trezevant. If Trezevant doesn't turn it over this one will be a comfortable win as well. When you go out of state and compete with 6A schools like they have done this season you are pretty darn good.

I don't see Waverly holding this Trezevant team under 35 points. You will need to outscore them if you plan on winning. The matchups across the board favor Trezevant. If Trezevant doesn't turn it over this one will be a comfortable win as well. When you go out of state and compete with 6A schools like they have done this season you are pretty darn good.

Nobody said they wasn't! ?