D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with this. As I said, three very good backs, but IMO it's disrespectful to say Gray would be 4th string (I know you are not the one who said it.) Obviously stats are not the end all be all but his really could've been better but in most games he played a half or less along with sharing carries with a running QB. I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful, but I'd personally take Gray over any of their 3, including Howard.

Why is it disrespectful? Have you seen Howard? This whole "disrespect" mantra is kinda of an odd take.

IMO Gray is a good back but Howard, if he stays injury free, could go down as the best RB ever in the state of TN. Thats an opinion held by former SEC coaches that have see the 8th grader man child lightening fast RB. He's a national track phenom and bigger than Gray now. Being a homer fan is ok but if your reasonable you'll see what everyone who has played Webb, including SEC coaches (since Howard has been offered as well).

IMO Gray gets his yards due to the QB threat and the wide open spread offense they run.

Having seen Gray get caught from behind multipe times personally I can say without a doubt that Webbs backs are faster.

I'm not a fan of either of these schools. I have seen many game films of both teams and watched them in person to form my opinion. My opinion is unbiased and informed. Those two components are more than most , if not all, in this thread.

Why is it disrespectful? Have you seen Howard? This whole "disrespect" mantra is kinda of an odd take.

IMO Gray is a good back but Howard, if he stays injury free, could go down as the best RB ever in the state of TN. Thats an opinion held by former SEC coaches that have see the 8th grader man child lightening fast RB. He's a national track phenom and bigger than Gray now. Being a homer fan is ok but if your reasonable you'll see what everyone who has played Webb, including SEC coaches (since Howard has been offered as well).

IMO Gray gets his yards due to the QB threat and the wide open spread offense they run.

Having seen Gray get caught from behind multipe times personally I can say without a doubt that Webbs backs are faster.

I'm not a fan of either of these schools. I have seen many game films of both teams and watched them in person to form my opinion. My opinion is unbiased and informed. Those two components are more than most , if not all, in this thread.

Howard has been clocked at 4.35 in 8th grade. I don't think anyone is catching him from behind. I haven't seen gray so I can't be responsible and debate this. I do know there's not a faster backfield in TN (all classifications).

Your opinion.

I haven't seen Howard or any of the others so I have no way of knowing. Stating that he's 5th or 6th in IIA sounds ... very ... well, just wrong. Evidently, there are others who see things differently then you because the award ISN'T stat driven. Cordarrian Richardson won the award this year in 2A and he DOESN'T have the stats. but he was the correct selection regardless of stats. I happen to think a young man winning this award as a sophomore speaks volumes. I also happen to think that the people who awards these honors on these young men probably considered those young men that you mentioned and they think Gray is better. They've been giving these awards for a while now, so I think these people know what they are doing. I'm inclined to go with what they think rather then go with what you think.

My opinion.

You are biased and I'm not. I have seen both players in person, on five game scout films, and you have not. Howard splits carries with two other backs and Gray plays in a spread offense that is designed for him to get chunk plays. He also plays behind a HUGE athletic line.

Howard didn't have the carries/yards and is an 8th grader. It's pretty easy to draw a conclusion as to why he didn't and shouldn't have won.

SEC coaches have said to me (to me in case you missed it) that Howard is so good he will be the best RB ever from TN if he stays healthy. Ever. Let thank sink in.

Lastly, using the award as an indiction as to why hes better is unreasonable. Why? Because you have unabashedly hyped kids from Memphis that didn't win awards for a long time and I'd bet you knew they were better than those that did? Right? Using it now to support your position is not a good argument.

Gray had a great year and is deserving of the award. I just believe at this point he is 5/6 in the RB standings for the division.

Webbs speed wins this game by 14+. This is a bad matchup for Lausanne. Lausanne will have opportunities to score points though. 35-21 If Lausanne contine to have ST snap issues it could be a totally different game.

Howard has been clocked at 4.35 in 8th grade. I don't think anyone is catching him from behind. I haven't seen gray so I can't be responsible and debate this. I do know there's not a faster backfield in TN (all classifications).

Your coach didn't run Howard much against StG from what I saw. I assume it was because the FB was getting 8-9 yards per carry. That play will not be as successful against Lausanne IMO so will Howard get more touches this week?

I'm not a Webb fan by any means. If anything I dislike a few of your other sports coaches and very much enjoy my daughters soccer team beating Webbs for the district championship this year. :) However, hearing about the speed is easy to dismiss but seeing it in person was impressive and proved it wasn't hype. Our DBs caught Gray and Walker, after suffering a season ending knee injury the week before but played on it anyway, ran past Lausannes defense on one play. He was a shell of himself in that game. He had 150+ against you guys but would have had much more against Lausanne based on what I saw had he been healthy. The point being is your RB speed with all three is something Lausanne simply hasn't seen nor do they have the speed to catch Howard if he gets loose.

Best of luck to both teams.

Your coach didn't run Howard much against StG from what I saw. I assume it was because the FB was getting 8-9 yards per carry. That play will not be as successful against Lausanne IMO so will Howard get more touches this week?

I'm not a Webb fan by any means. If anything I dislike a few of your other sports coaches and very much enjoy my daughters soccer team beating Webbs for the district championship this year. :) However, hearing about the speed is easy to dismiss but seeing it in person was impressive and proved it wasn't hype. Our DBs caught Gray and Walker, after suffering a season ending knee injury the week before but played on it anyway, ran past Lausannes defense on one play. He was a shell of himself in that game. He had 150+ against you guys but would have had much more against Lausanne based on what I saw had he been healthy. The point being is your RB speed with all three is something Lausanne simply hasn't seen nor do they have the speed to catch Howard if he gets loose.

Best of luck to both teams.

Much respect to you. Anyone who doesn't necessarily like a school but can still be honest is my kind of guy. Who is your school btw?