AC Mavericks New Region 2-4A?

92Dragon

Coach at AC must be feeling some pressure to get some wins. I know he can't do anything with his region schedule, but wow, that out-of-region schedule is a joke. No Campbell County and no Oak Ridge, you would think he would at least make those games work as those would be games with a good gate. Only thing is, I don't really see many games that will test AC before the playoffs, so they better make sure they are ready come November next year. Sure would be disappointing to go 9-1 or even 8-2 and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round. 

Coach at AC must be feeling some pressure to get some wins. I know he can't do anything with his region schedule, but wow, that out-of-region schedule is a joke. No Campbell County and no Oak Ridge, you would think he would at least make those games work as those would be games with a good gate. Only thing is, I don't really see many games that will test AC before the playoffs, so they better make sure they are ready come November next year. Sure would be disappointing to go 9-1 or even 8-2 and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round. 

AC did had week one open for both Campbell Co and Oak Ridge at their place and just couldn't get it done.  Scheduling is complicated, and with region games and rivalries it makes it tough.  All coaches tried to get these games, but just couldn't get it done.

I knew you would have something to say. Good to see you back at AC the other day throwing some balls around on the new field. Yes, we played 4 #1 teams in the state, and one playing in the state championship and got beat up. We will get back to winning some games as we have in the past, and get back to making the playoffs like we have 21 times in our 34 years that we have been open. We will have no more excuses about having a young football team, they are gonna be a junior senior team this year, and have played a ton of football. Mavs are back, get ya a plane ticket down to Chattanooga, and come on down. Should be some fun.

you didn't see me you might have seen my oldest son,I will never be back there and yes I had too throw my 2 cents in I guess all that dodging they have done the last couple of years is coming back too haunt them,good luck making gate money next year.

you didn't see me you might have seen my oldest son,I will never be back there and yes I had too throw my 2 cents in I guess all that dodging they have done the last couple of years is coming back too haunt them,good luck making gate money next year.

Hogg , I stand corrected, it was good to see your oldest son back at AC throwing the ball around.  I am not sure who we dodged, we played top ranked Greeneville, Oak Ridge, Fulton, Catholic and State Runner up Knox Central.  Our gates will be and have been just fine.  Maverick fans have been coming to games here for a long time, and I don't see that changing.  Should be exciting to play some new teams, and bring some new teams to AC for the 17 season.

I guess 2 losing seasons back to back 3 wins a year ain't cutting it.AC only had 1 options drop down in competition .congratulations AC on getting above 500 next year I'm sure the fan base and parents will love the cross country road trips,lol..

If I was you I would be worried about CC next year....lol

Wow, that is a VERY manageable schedule. No wonder you're so excited about this coming season, Space.

They should be exited but cant see how they gonna enjoy all that travel .. guess they will do anything and feel good about it since they dont have to lineup with Fulton, Central or Knox Catholic anymore ......