Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

Betsy and Greeeeeeeeeneville? Are you sure??

Losing to another 6A team or a top 5A team is not that bad, but a very potential loss to 2 4A's does not look good at all.

What I'm sure of is that I want DB to play tough teams that can go either way. That eliminates both Maryville and Alcoa. A total waste of time playing them. I don't want GC to have anymore excuses. I doubt they can beat Greenville anymore. Betsy is probably a tossup. Tennessee is too far down to play now. I would like nothing better than to see GC choke on a 3A team. There needs to be a real attention getting situation to dislodge him.

Besides, Betsy and Greenville are old rivalries. And we theoretically have a score to settle with Greenville. I was at the last game we played with them and we lost. Greenville wer about as rude as they come at that game and the refs were in GV's pocket.

So, yes. I'm sure. Anything that will bring this to a head and drop the axe.

Edited by DBGRAD70

What I'm sure of is that I want DB to play tough teams that can go either way. That eliminates both Maryville and Alcoa. A total waste of time playing them. I don't want GC to have anymore excuses. I doubt they can beat Greenville anymore. Betsy is probably a tossup. Tennessee is too far down to play now. I would like nothing better than to see GC choke on a 3A team. There needs to be a real attention getting situation to dislodge him.

Besides, Betsy and Greenville are old rivalries. And we theoretically have a score to settle with Greenville. I was at the last game we played with them and we lost. Greenville wer about as rude as they come at that game and the refs were in GV's pocket.

DB doesn't have to travel to get bad calls,I've seen plenty at home games.Yes I've seen bad fans for my Devils and yes I've seen people throw stuff at the visiting team as they went into half time at J fred.I've seen fans show their backsides at pretty much every high school,college or pro game I've been to.... To the main thing that matters now.I don't know what it will take,but I know what it's cost  over the last several years.

Are you even from around here? You don't even know how to spell GreenEville correctly. I was at the last time GreenEville and DB played on the regular season. If your RB wouldn't have thrown a punch and got kicked out early in the game you probably would have won, so don't put a teenager wrong doing on the refs. The 2002 Greeneville teams was one of the best teams Greeneville has ever had.

Are you even from around here? You don't even know how to spell GreenEville correctly. I was at the last time GreenEville and DB played on the regular season. If your RB wouldn't have thrown a punch and got kicked out early in the game you probably would have won, so don't put a teenager wrong doing on the refs. The 2002 Greeneville teams was one of the best teams Greeneville has ever had.

The correct spelling or Greenville should be as I just presented it. You all have been spelling it wrong forever. About time you fixed it, Also the DB running back was punched while he was on the ground after a tackle and he came up swinging. Yeah, he got caught and the Greenville player didn't. Thats partly on the refs. The 2002 Greenville team was nowhere near their best team. So you're wrong about everything..

The correct spelling or Greenville should be as I just presented it. You all have been spelling it wrong forever. About time you fixed it, Also the DB running back was punched while he was on the ground after a tackle and he came up swinging. Yeah, he got caught and the Greenville player didn't. Thats partly on the refs. The 2002 Greenville team was nowhere near their best team. So you're wrong about everything..

I don't want to sit here and give you a history lesson of why GreenEville is spelt the way it is so go look it up yourself, but no it is not Greenville for a reason. I personally know Jacob Mcmillan the RB that got tossed for DB during that game. He was on the bottom of the pile and had his ankle got twisted and he came up swinging. No getting punched like you just stated. He regretted that decision and that's coming from Jacob himself. You have no clue about Greeneville if you don't think that 2002 team was one of the best that came through GreenEville. They hold the single regular season passing record with 2600 yards by Cherokee head coach Cody Baugh. The RB Thomas Lister just got inducted into the Greeneville High school who avg. 7.4 yards a carry that season. They avg. 427 yards of O a game and giving up 264 yards a game (which led the IMAC that year). This wasn't against cupcakes like Greeneville plays now.......

Edited by Swipes

I don't want to sit here and give you a history lesson of why GreenEville is spelt the way it is so go look it up yourself, but no it is not Greenville for a reason. I personally know Jacob Mcmillan the RB that got tossed for DB during that game. He was on the bottom of the pile and had his ankle got twisted and he came up swinging. No getting punched like you just stated. He regretted that decision and that's coming from Jacob himself. You have no clue about Greeneville if you don't think that 2002 team was one of the best that came through GreenEville. They hold the single regular season passing record with 2600 yards by Cherokee head coach Cody Baugh. The RB Thomas Lister just got inducted into the Greeneville High school who avg. 7.4 yards a carry that season. They avg. 427 yards of O a game and giving up 264 yards a game (which led the IMAC that year). This wasn't against cupcakes like Greeneville plays now.......

.........Wrong

.........Wrong

The best you got is wrong? You believe what you want to but 1. I talked to McMillan about it when we both attended UT together, so go ask him yourself. 2. You can look up the history of the extra E since Nathanael GreenE spelt his name that way, so take it up with a dead revolutionary war hero who the town is named after. 3. I said one of the best teams to come through Greeneville not the best but top 5 all the way around. Happy Thanksgiving WaCoJaC

Edited by Swipes

Who would u give the edge too, Greeneville '02 team or the '10 team.

I think it would be a great matchup. The 10 team had a better D line were the 02 team had a better lb core with Crosby at MLB at 6"2 250lb. The running game for the 10 was better with Carmichael at QB but the 02 was way better passing. I think it would be a 10 point game but it's hard to pick against Greenevilles first state champ. I think the 02 team would have put up the same numbers against teams like south greene, west greene, chuckey doak, Grainger, etc. The 02 team played a way tougher schedule. Both those teams were top 5 teams in my opinion.

Edited by Swipes

Any word on the Indians 2017 football schedule? Curious to see who the non-conference opponents will be. Saw on Twitter over the weekend that R1-5A teams are scheduling more R2-5A teams this go around instead of the local R1-6A's like Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill.

R1-6A

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

Morristown West

Jefferson County

Knox Bearden

Knox Farragut

Hardin Valley

6 conference games + 4 non conference games

Here is DB's schedule next year

At Greeneville

Oak Ridge