Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

I decided to take this whole year off due to me constantly working so much and have little access to internet as well as the fact I got a new computer and completely forgot my password :mellow:  Anyways, I went to the DB-Jeff Co. game and I was walking from the parking lot to J Fred and heard that Jeff Co. had scored early in the game. Before I got in the gate I assumed DB was down 7-0. Later in the game, Barrett took the kickoff back for a TD that got called back for holding or block in the back. I was excited for him to return one but bummed it got called back. As I am on my way home I hear that he actually took the opening kickoff back for 6.

Anyways, DB is losing some keys players. Including Barrett....Without taking the schedule into consideration, how does the Tribe look in '17?

I decided to take this whole year off due to me constantly working so much and have little access to internet as well as the fact I got a new computer and completely forgot my password :mellow:  Anyways, I went to the DB-Jeff Co. game and I was walking from the parking lot to J Fred and heard that Jeff Co. had scored early in the game. Before I got in the gate I assumed DB was down 7-0. Later in the game, Barrett took the kickoff back for a TD that got called back for holding or block in the back. I was excited for him to return one but bummed it got called back. As I am on my way home I hear that he actually took the opening kickoff back for 6.

Anyways, DB is losing some keys players. Including Barrett....Without taking the schedule into consideration, how does the Tribe look in '17?

Some fine football players and good young men coming back.Barrett and several of this years seniors will be missed for sure.

A bunch of athletes have quit or won't play over the last several years.I'll say this again,when next year's seniors were in the 8th,both middle schools beat Greeneville's mostly seventh grade studs.Yes they should have but now find out why Greeneville,900 students will be a favorite over DB and you have all your answers as to how many players or what Greeneville high has that DB doesn't with 2 to 3 times the kids.DB should be a 5 TD favorite over my school with all the athletes and vast numbers of kids to choose from.Hey,one more time,If the tax payers are happy,that's all that matters.I'm very happy with what The Devils have and thanked the Greeneville coaches for what they have accomplished and done for our program.

Well most of the athletes that played freshman ball are still playing.  Just because the school has 2000 kids doesnt mean they should beat Greeneville by five touchdowns.  Also, next year there will be forty-eight 6A teams and Alcoa would probably beat all of them but maybe one or two of them.  Alcoa is much smaller than Greeneville.

A bunch of athletes have quit or won't play over the last several years.I'll say this again,when next year's seniors were in the 8th,both middle schools beat Greeneville's mostly seventh grade studs.Yes they should have but now find out why Greeneville,900 students will be a favorite over DB and you have all your answers as to how many players or what Greeneville high has that DB doesn't with 2 to 3 times the kids.DB should be a 5 TD favorite over my school with all the athletes and vast numbers of kids to choose from.Hey,one more time,If the tax payers are happy,that's all that matters.I'm very happy with what The Devils have and thanked the Greeneville coaches for what they have accomplished and done for our program.

Well most of the athletes that played freshman ball are still playing.  Just because the school has 2000 kids doesnt mean they should beat Greeneville by five touchdowns.  Also, next year there will be forty-eight 6A teams and Alcoa would probably beat all of them but maybe one or two of them.  Alcoa is much smaller than Greeneville.

Edited by toocool

Greeneville has over a 1,000 less kids than DB. Alcoa has 250 less kids than Greeneville.

Batman

I read in an earlier about the freshman being so good back in 14, did you have a son that played or still does play?

If you have to keep picking at it.The long answer is this.I had a lot of kids that were like sons to me over the years and it kills me to see what this group has been through when they had such promiss.The short answer is.I don't have a son that will play for GC.

Wrong,three starting offensive lineman,two that also started on the d line are gone.The best athlete by far was SP.Nomatter,this group has been let down by the system and put together with the out going seniors,should have been a contender.There is no argument that these kids should have had a better chance to compete and that goes to a lot of factors that should have been changed .

According to most insiders, there is excitement about the 17 team.   Offensive line (the strongest in the conference this year) returns four of five, and Holmes may return for senior year to help them.  Only lose #6 and #25 on that side of ball, and the one lineman.  Defense will lose two great LBs, in addition to Wadsworth, Buchanon,  and Barrett.   But there are plenty of quality players to build with.  Also rumors that SP (that Batman spoke of) will return to the fold.  I would not expect a dropoff next year.